Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yay Colby! Congratulations on the 10-min. pace. You just needed a break. Keep up the good work.

KB

Congrats on your improvement Colby!

And, I do think of you guys as my running peloton too. I thought that two weeks ago when I did my 18-miler. I just kept thinking, I can't quit because I can't face the TE Women if I punk out on my long run.

Hey ladies, I'm just getting back into running after nursing an injury (right in the middle of summer--major booty) and am going to train for a spring marathon or maybe CIM, I know that one is early spring or late winter right? I'll definitely be back here for more support, running clubs are not an option for me right now ): Good luck on the Nike Womens in October everyone, the weather will be geoooooorgeous!

Cool

DH and I are doing the Kiawah marathon 12/9, so we are looking at 14 miles in the morning.

Hmm.. am I insane ? I'm already registered for SJ rock'n'roll' 1/2 marathon on Oct 8 and Nike full marathon on Oct 22. But then I went ahead and registered for the Silicon Valley full marathon on Oct 29 because I'm trying to aim to do the SJ Hat Trick (Almaden 10k, SJ rock'n'roll 1/2, and Silicon Valley full) so I can get a nifty whatever it is that you get. This shall be...interesting I think.

Quote Originally Posted by liksani View Post
    Hmm.. am I insane ? I'm already registered for SJ rock'n'roll' 1/2 marathon on Oct 8 and Nike full marathon on Oct 22. But then I went ahead and registered for the Silicon Valley full marathon on Oct 29 because I'm trying to aim to do the SJ Hat Trick (Almaden 10k, SJ rock'n'roll 1/2, and Silicon Valley full) so I can get a nifty whatever it is that you get. This shall be...interesting I think.
    Wow! My hat is up for you, that's an awful lot of marathoning back-to-back!

Good luck!

Hi Ladies!

Mooooo!
    It's amazing to be sitting at work in Dublin and find this chat board with people talking about our little race!
    hahaha and the hunky guy in the Mooathon top is myself the race director!
    We had the race yesterday and it was a total blast!
    I'll be putting up photos of the runners and some of the fancy dress later this week so make sure to check the website: www.mooathon.com
    Everyone had a great time and we had 8 people from New York who had so much fun they have promised to come back next year! We managed to raise over €4,000 for charity as well, So mark your calendars for 1st october 2007!
    If anyone would like to ask any questions about the race feel free to e-mail me and I hope I'll get the chance to run with some of you sometime!
    Take care
    Sean
    Mooathon Race Director

greetings roving running peloton!

did my 20 miler Saturday. I still am not thrilled about running! nike will be a sufferfest!

katie - I did CIM back in 1999. it was a pretty "easy" marathon. flat, cold, dreary, good support. have fun with it.

yeah limewave, you are crazy!! I am not doing rock & roll, but will probably be at the concert. I am on the advisory board for the event (a tremendous irony since my personal motto is "running sucks"), so I get vip passes and all. it seems silly to not go - and I like Train. I will bring my daughter to the concert. have fun at the event!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Wow! I invoked the Race Director of the Mooathon!

Greetings, ladies. Sorry to have been away for awhile. My back let me know in no uncertain terms that 12 hours a day at a computer is not what the human race was designed for.

I see that my throw-away post about the Mooathon actually raised a contribution to this forum from the Race Director, a most comely gent, as others among us have noted.

I felt rather abashed, since he had looked for me at the race and didn't find me for the good reason that I wasn't there. I will, of course, have to sign up for this event next year, after all of this.

Meanwhile, I've made a commitment to train through the winter this year (and Irish winters are pretty hard to train through, let me tell you) and have signed up for the Bath Half Marathon in England for encouragement. That's one of the major races in people's London Marathon preparations, and I've always wanted to do it. If anyone else is contemplating coming over to this side of the world for any races, I hope they will let me know and we can get together.

All the best, Beverly (honorary Mooathon-er?)

Quote Originally Posted by mooathon View Post
    Mooooo!
    It's amazing to be sitting at work in Dublin and find this chat board with people talking about our little race!
    hahaha and the hunky guy in the Mooathon top is myself the race director!
    We had the race yesterday and it was a total blast!
    I'll be putting up photos of the runners and some of the fancy dress later this week so make sure to check the website: www.mooathon.com
    Everyone had a great time and we had 8 people from New York who had so much fun they have promised to come back next year! We managed to raise over €4,000 for charity as well, So mark your calendars for 1st october 2007!
    If anyone would like to ask any questions about the race feel free to e-mail me and I hope I'll get the chance to run with some of you sometime!
    Take care
    Sean
    Mooathon Race Director
    Hi, Sean, and Mooooo! back at ya! What fun that you dropped in to say hi. So glad your race was a great success. I'll be checking the site for pictures! I was over here running a Chicago 1/2 marathon on the same day. http://www.chicagohalfmarathon.com/Home.286.0.html

So now do you return to your full-time job as a fashion model? Looks like you've motivated at least one Dubliner, Beverly Fay, to run and race. Congratulations again on a fun race and raising so much for charity. Best wishes to you all from Chicago!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    greetings roving running peloton!

did my 20 miler Saturday. I still am not thrilled about running! nike will be a sufferfest!

katie - I did CIM back in 1999. it was a pretty "easy" marathon. flat, cold, dreary, good support. have fun with it.

yeah limewave, you are crazy!! I am not doing rock & roll, but will probably be at the concert. I am on the advisory board for the event (a tremendous irony since my personal motto is "running sucks"), so I get vip passes and all. it seems silly to not go - and I like Train. I will bring my daughter to the concert. have fun at the event!
    Hey, MP. Isn't it wierd? Running sucks. True enough. And yet, there are moments...during the 1/2 this Sunday, moments when I thought, "this is wonderful. I, Lise, am running. I am continuing to run. Wow. Look at that. I am still running." The day was beautiful, the lake sparkling, people around me brave and funny and tenacious. Running near the back of the pack, as I do, I'm with those who are not sure they can do it. It's an honor to be running with such people.

Someone joked to me, "1/2 marathon, eh? Which half do you run? Harhar." (I thought the half that you sure can't do, buddy!), but said, "oh, the 1st half. No one in their right mind would run the second half." So hats off to you who did 20 miles this weekend. That's one heck of a distance.

Everybody go look at the photo gallery from the Irish Mooathon. www.mooathon.com The route is gorgeous. Makes me want to reconsider "after the 1/2 IM, I'm done with this distance!"
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Wow - Lise - I just read your report. Very cool result for you on the 1/2. Good snarky mental comment to Mr. "Which 1/2?"

Let's all go to the Mooathon - think of the scenery, the cows, the various Mr. Potentials for you (complete with lovely Irish brogue) and the Guinness for me.....
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois View Post
    Let's all go to the Mooathon - think of the scenery, the cows, the various Mr. Potentials for you (complete with lovely Irish brogue) and the Guinness for me.....
    I'm just sayin'!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by colby View Post
    Today was the first 5-miler for a few weeks, really since I seriously started training. And, drumroll please, today I finished 5 miles in 50 minutes, just about on the dot. A 10 minute mile pace, YAY. I'll take what little improvement I can get
    History repeats itself a few weeks later and I reply to myself yet again... my 5 mile time is down to 47 minutes, and that's not even pushing it. I never imagined cracking the 10-minute mile barrier for any distance. 3 minutes off doesn't seem like a lot, but I'll take that 30 second pace improvement Amusingly, my 5k time doesn't seem to be improving past the 10 minute barrier, so I think either my warmup needs some work or I just don't pace myself as well for the short distance as I do for 5 miles+.

I'm really anxious for my half marathon this weekend (Sunday). I am planning on taking it easy and not pushing hard, but I'm really curious about how I'll do. I just want to do at least as well as I did in May, and not injure myself and mess up my marathon training. With 20+ miles to run the following weekend, I can't afford to lapse too much.

Colby,
    Congrats on shaving time off.
    I look forward to hearing your report after your 1/2 marathon on Sunday. I know you will do fantastic! Which run are you dong after the 1/2?

Keep the posts coming, each one inspires me to run more. I love running.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle