Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

To disable ads, please log-in.

when a someone rides by on a bike, your friends check out the rider's body...I am checking out the bike!!!!

Ditto: checking out the bikes on top of cars rather than the cars.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

You get back from your 10 mile training run and think, "NOW can I ride my bike?!"

I've eaten, I've iced, I've showered, I've stretched, and now I'm going back out there on the bike.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

When you start a new job and the first thing you do is look for a place to put your helmet that is safe but also visible. (Not on display, just visible; on display means you are really sick)

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

You wear your ankle RoadID *all* the time.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Drinking out of the water-bottle *all* the time (except when sitting at a nicely set table or taking pills - which I think I will have to start to work on the latter!)

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

When you'd rather bike than get your haircut
    When you seem to have to at least touch your bike even if you aren't riding it that day
    When your first and only thought is to get your bike safely into the house.. and forgot you left your backpack with your laptop outisde (this coming from a quasi-geek). Thank god I had a package that day.
    When you've spent all your allowance on bike stuff

When you set out to do a century but then end up doing just a metric because of an annoying flat. Then getting home, you think, aha! I'll do the remaining 38 miles on my MTB off-road and off to the trailhead it is....

Now that's mileage obsessed :-)

The idea of going a day without riding... hmmm... that can be every few months... when the wind is 35 mph and there were tornadoes last night, and the bike says "what??? Drive to work??? You might need me to get *around* the debris! I can handle a little breeze..."

You spend ~4 hours, on a cold, rainy day, cleaning two bikes......... and loving every minute of it!

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    Ditto: checking out the bikes on top of cars rather than the cars.
    I was doing that yesterday! It was check-in day for the LA Triathlon, so as I was driving through the city, all I saw were bike, bikes, bikes everywhere, on top cars, in back of cars, strapped onto cars, etc...
    I was driving like an idiot.. slow down, oooh there's a Cervelo, speed up.. hey, is that a Colnago? Change lanes... what kind of tires is on that S-Works?

When the shop that is supposed to be shipping your "new" bike has had it for nearly a week without doing anything and you are TEARING YOUR HAIR OUT with anxiety!

Kitsune06 Guest
    ...when someone jokes about writing something suggestive about well-greased bearings and/or well maintained parts and you take them seriously.
    (Score doubly if you think you could).
    (Score triple if you think it'd be exciting)
    (Score to a lethal degree if you don't understand why others wouldn't agree)