Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

a pathetic display....

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I had been completely off the bike for 3 weeks. Went for a leisurely ride to get the muscles back into the spin of things...and OVER the bars I went!!! Feeling OK, nothing seemed too bad except hurt pride, a few marks & a sore rib area....so off on another, longer, more technical ride the next day! OH Boy did the rib start a'hurtin then!!! OFF the bike for another week....
    Not wanting to loose ALL of my muscles I ask the sweet hubby to go for ride..."let's do some easy trails/fireroads...climbing some?" Okey Dokey...we are off!!! It is wet & a bit muddy so I am extra careful on the roots...hop over a few with no probs...heart-rate soaring...lungs not performing Come to a root on an uphill...front tire "bounce" whew...back tire...spinspinspin...and I am DOWN!!!! Definitely nothing but pride bruised on this fall...now as I continue to climb I am totally out of breath...starting (no, completely) hyperventilating!!!! Now I am TOTALLY discouraged/frustrated/annoyed/humiliated/beaten down!!!!

This a trail I would typically fly....no issues with breath or anything!!! I can't believe a month off the bike would have this much affect on my physical fitness. I can only hope it won't take too long to build up endurance again!!!

After a short but theatrical breakdown...thank goodness no-one crossed our paths at that moment!!! My sweetness encouraged me to stay on his wheel (still a bit muddy so I had a 2 bike length buffer) he barked out orders to stay off the breaks, hailed "GOOD JOB" on the rough stuff I cleared...and just pushed me to "get through it!" (remember this is stuff I would normally fly on)...

GEEEZ....who would of thought time off the bike and an endo would play such havoc on the mental aspect of riding...

I gave my "coach" a big sweaty hug & thankyou in the parking lot...onward home like another day at the trails!!!!

I know I have not posted much lately....but I still come here for motivation and encouragement...Thank You ladies!!!! ....and no worries, those trails will not get the best of me...I will return!!!
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

wow! I'm impressed you got back on and rode. Nice going :-) Pat yourself on the back and keep up the good work!!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Sometimes you just have a cr@ppy day on the trails. Your head is not in it... or whatever. Great attitude about the whole thing- attitude is everything.

Sounds like you got a great honey too.

V.

PS I miss your old avatar. At least I think it's yours that I miss.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I feel your pain

I have taken two vacations this summer, the first was 12 days off the bike and the second was 9 days off the bike. I just returned home from the second trip last Friday.

Now to my point, upon my return from the first trip I had four horrible rides and then boom, "it" came back.

Today was my second day back on the bike after trip number two and it SUCKED!!! Pardon my french, but it SUCKED.
    2 and 1/2 hours of torture chasing a bunch of really fit guys. It seems like vacation steals my MOJO.

So I would well imagine that a month off the bike would really shoot you a whammy. Just hang in there, when you are fighting through it, remember that, somewhere out there I am suffering too.

It will come back, at least it had better, I have a race in two weeks.....

Ruth,
    searching for her MOJO somewhere in NJ......

Bouncy...I SO feel your pain! I have been road riding all summer in preparation for a century next weekend, but really wanted to do this mountain bike camp at Coyote Hill in Vermont last week. Did a couple of easy rides the week before the camp, but spent much of the time on the ground at the camp. A couple of doozies with bruised/?cracked rib, gorgeous purple hip bruises, and significant frustration and a few tears. I am still glad I went to the camp. I learned somethings that I need to work on, met some great people, ate awesome food, and am determined to get back out there (after my century and charity ride in two weeks).

It is so true that my skll, confidence, and aerobic endurance for blasting up those steep hills really takes several steps back when I am off the mtb for a few weeks. But I still love it and will just keep at it. I'm sure you will get your "mojo" back too!

Linda

Thanks...it is funny how the whole time I am in misery I feel so much better than if I were home on the couch lazying the day away!!! And no matter how BAD the trail beats my tush...when I am done I am so HAPPY That is what keeps me riding....

V: is it the avatar with my doggie on my back in her pack?

Wave: I remember reading your post of you GREAT day at camp!!! I want to go to one...do you have any links to more in the area? I am in West N Carolina...
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

Blonde hair and mostly blue is what I remember.

Funny how some avatars just stick in my head.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I HATE getting so frustrated that I cry. The only time I have done that during a sport is when playing golf. Seems there's something about having DH there that turns on the waterworks more than if I was with a girlfriend. Hang in there, and give yourself some time!

Quote Originally Posted by bouncybouncy
    Wave: I remember reading your post of you GREAT day at camp!!! I want to go to one...do you have any links to more in the area? I am in West N Carolina...
    I highly recommend the Coyote Hill camp. Tom is a patient, kind, excellent instructor and his wife Gabbi is an incredible cook! They have another adult skills camp at the end of September (beautiful time to be in Vermont!) and they were talking about maybe doing another adult camp this fall if there is interest. Give them a shout...Coyote Hill Camp

Linda

There is a trail near home that I still get so frustrated I cry on. We avoid it for several weeks and then try it again. The thing is the crazy thing is marked BEGINNER! I ride advanced trails - even the ones there - but that trail drives me nuts and makes me so mad I end up in tears and cussing every time we go. I have no idea why I keep going back....hoping, I guess, that I will one day be good enough that I'll figure out why other people ride the dang thing!

Coyote Hill Adult Week End Sept 22-24

Glad you made it to Coyote Hill. I ran into Tom & Gabby this past week-end at the NEMBA fest @ Wompatack State Park. Awsum place.

I rode my brand new Jamis Dakar XLT 1.0, loved it. Learned to use clipless pedals-well almost, LOL

Tom raced, won first in his class. Gabby & I cheered him on. I plan to to to the Adult week end in two weeks.

The riding is challenging, the food is great, Tom & Gabby are extrodinary.

Don't forget to check out the other NEMBA fests in CT & NH.

Stormy