Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Spam

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    Turkey spam is surprisingly good.
    My Hawaiian boyfriend is standing here cursing this blasphemy!

I like fried SPAM too... it makes me all nostalgic for Girl Scout camping trips when I was a kid. Scrambled eggs reconstituted from a powder, griddle cakes, SPAM sliced thin and fried....
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)

Aaaah, but i didn't say I bought a 2nd can of the turkey. It wasn't THAT good!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Just to bring this back on topic ... The other day (or was it this morning? and is that Alzheimer's setting in?) ... anyways, my point was that I noticed a nasty spam message that had no spam warning symbol in the left-hand field So now spammers seem to have found a way to dodge the spam warning system Does that mean that the administrators need to update the system somehow? ALL posts are supposed to have that red triangle symbol in the lower lefthand corner, right? It's for us to alert the administrators if we find anything annoying or offensive, such as spam, or flaming.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Just noticed: We don't get the red triangle on our own posts. So maybe this spammer has found a way of coding his (the poster's nick included a male name) spam as everybody's own ...? Eeeeyuw! That's revolting!
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Did the message go away ?

Once in a while I'll hit the spam alert and I'll get a message that the post no longer exists. In the few seconds between the time I saw the post and clicked on the triangle, the message was already deleted. My guess is a similar sort of thing happened in your case.

If the message went away then I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck on Wheels
    Just to bring this back on topic ... The other day (or was it this morning? and is that Alzheimer's setting in?) ... anyways, my point was that I noticed a nasty spam message that had no spam warning symbol in the left-hand field So now spammers seem to have found a way to dodge the spam warning system Does that mean that the administrators need to update the system somehow? ALL posts are supposed to have that red triangle symbol in the lower lefthand corner, right? It's for us to alert the administrators if we find anything annoying or offensive, such as spam, or flaming.
    Yes, the red triangle symbol should be on every post except your own. I've never seen one that didn't have one. If you see another one, you could PM the administrators / moderators.
    Bork Bork, Hork Hork!!

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    considering how yummy Spam is with rice and furikake, I betcha I'd love spam sushi, too!
    here ya go knotted: spam musubi great for on the road or while your waiting for your new bike to get there.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.