Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Behavior

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by postiechic
    I wish we had squirrels here
    They're so cute
    Yesterday I was almost taken out by a small chihuahua.

He was so cute -- so tiny -- came tearing out into the street at me and my first instinct was to screech to a stop but instead I sped up, HOPING he wouldn't be stupid enough to throw himself in my path. He didn't. He enjoyed the testosterone flush of having "scared" me away, I think.

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

Quote Originally Posted by postiechic
    I wish we had squirrels here
    They're so cute
    I'll gladly send you all mine. I have 6 huge gorgeous tomato plants in my garden and yet I haven't harvested a single, solitary tomato all season. The stupid squirrels are sure getting fat, though!

I have noticed a marked increase in traffic on my commute in the past few days. Even the early morning leg where I rarely see any cars! I think it's school related.

yeah, but you have wallabies and koalas!!
    well yeah, but ya gotta go on an expedition to find one. Squirrels are all over the place.
    I'll gladly send you all mine. I have 6 huge gorgeous tomato plants in my garden and yet I haven't harvested a single, solitary tomato all season. are
    bit like the possums that ate all my strawberries one year.
    it's always the way huh...cute and cuddly can be bloody pests!

I used to think that cell phones weren't that big of a deal, and that people would adapt ... but basically every day at any given intersection, I'll wonder why a driver is behaving oddly (generally not proceeding or reacting to things), and they're on a cell phone. I think we may have pushed two notches *past* our ability to attend. Hmmm... what would interfere with their reception? I want one for my bike...

Around here things have gotten a little crazier - but I think it's just the normal transition from "summer people" to the collge crowd. (The summer drivers are very above average.) It's those folks down from Chicago causing the trouble, I'm sure :-)

Not much different to report around here. School has finally started and I pass by three elementary schools on my commute. Seems to be a few more vehicles packing the little booger pickers off to soccer practice after school, but it isn't too bad.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X