Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Fundraising

Fundraising

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK, I'm going to do the Tour de Pink on September 10. I have to raise $75 in contributions for the ride in addition to my registration fee. I have set up my website and have sent emails to everyone I know. So far, I have gotten good responses, but I am still short about $25. How much should I pester people to get that last little bit? Should I just leave it at the one email, or should I also ask them in person? I don't want to be a nag to everyone -- especially since I am thinking about doing the MS150 next year or the year after that and I will have to do a lot more work to get that money. Add in all that fundraising, not to mention the fundraising for both daughter's schools, scouts, bands, softball, cheerleading, volleyball, etc., throughout the year, and I bet people tend to get really sick of us!

Nobody has any words of wisdom for me?

Sorry to leave this, since I see that your post's been viewed many times but so far nobody has responded I'll kick in first.

Follow up is key, you may have a lot of folks who have responded positively but not shown up on your donor list, send another letter.

Folks are busy just like you, sometimes they just forgot, other times life rears its ugly little head and they have other priorities.

Thank your sponsors, before, during, after the ride not just the ones who pledged, those who've been supportive.

Not those e-post card thank you cards, real ones. I try to keep my friends and family and sponsors updated about once a month on how my training is going with a letter.

I'm sending a jersey around for them to sign (this has been real fun in the past because....I don't get to see it till right before the ride, I mail to A ask them to send to B etc hee hee by Day 0 of the Lifecycle it's funny poignent and artistic)

I've tried to "take them along for the ride". Unless they ride most are amazed at what goes into training for these things.

Lastly these charity bike rides almost always have the option to "self pledge". Just think what you would pay for registration on a standard century ride that is not a fund raiser or multi day VISA type tour. A 7 day fully supported bike tour like the AIDS Lifecycle would cost about the pledge goal so when I sign up I'm thinking to myself "self, let's say I don't meet my pledge goal this is about what a tour would cost and....it's tax deductable"
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Congrats midgetcycler!! You are OVER your goal!! See you there!

Thanx Toni. Thanks to you and another generous TE member, I was able to meet my $75 goal! I am now considering increasing it to the $150 goal -- if I reach that, I will get a lapel pin (oooohhhh! )!

You guys are awesome!