Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Spinning class on a fluid trainer

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey, all you spinners and spin instructors out there... Have you ever taken a spin class on your own bike on a fluid trainer? Spin instructors, do you allow this?

I would like to try it but I doubt the management of my gym would allow it (liability issues, etc.) I think it would be interesting to take a class on my own bike because it fits me so much better than the bikes in the gym. Also, I would be able to be more precise adjusting the resistance with indexed shifting instead of the resistance dial.

Oh yes.... and the saddle..... My saddle fits me like no other saddle...

There's a bike store in Los Altos that I think does something like that.

I definitely get a better workout when I Spin at home to a Spinervals tape, then when I go to class. Somehow the resistance just feels different on a real bike. But the group dynamics of a class make it interesting.

Hey- it can't hurt to ask if you can bring in your bike. The worst they can say is no.

V.

I can't imagine they would let you take your own bike ad trainer in, but, hey, it would be cool if you could and can't hurt to ask. Wouldn't bother me while I am leading a class if someone did that, but again, I know the "Y" where I spin wouldn't allow it. I usually ride a class at home first on my trainer before I take it to the spin class. Riding your own bike is just better but it can get lonely indoors.
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard