Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: weight

To disable ads, please log-in.

THANKS KIDDIES,well lost that weight and felt relieved and then got cross that id lost bike strength,now ive been 47kg again for 2 days this time i gotts hold it,eeek,your words DO help,make me think im doing the right thing,oh to have never got into this spiral!racing today,fingers crossed........
    who is driving your bus?

I was gonna say that's awfully thin, depending on how tall you are. Then I noticed we were on page 5, leafed back a ways and saw you are working on GAINING weight. Good for you! And I'm glad it seems to be working. You sound a bit frustrated that it's going slow, but you do want that weight to be mostly muscle, so that means eating just a tad more, getting enough sleep, and still working out pretty hard ... which will mean slow weight gain. Glad it's going the right way for you, and winning the odd race should help keep you optimistic.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

Great to hear you are holding that weight, Sunshine.
    How'd your race go?

good sports nutrition book

HS,

I would recommend Liz Applegate's Book: Eat Smart, Play Hard. It is awesome. She gives good explanation of macronutrients, sample eating plans for multiple sports, even an eating plan for gaining weight that is muscle not fat. I have referenced it many times.

Best of luck; I have been in your shoes too. Many years ago, went anorexic, then bulimic, then addicted to diet pills. Learning about real nutrition and surrounding myself w/positive people made the difference.

Laura
    Laura

thanks!isnt amazon ace,got it for £1.75,brill!

struggling around the 46.6kg mark despite reading and reading that low weight decreases heart rate,strength etc etc,got a 100mile RACE this weekend,so need to brain wash meself to eat extra.GUILT FREE.I WANA DO IT IN 4HRS 40,will let you know!
    who is driving your bus?

Wow Sunshine, that's an amazing goal. good luck on the ride and on continuing to gain weight. Take care of yourself!!
    Living life like there's no tomorrow.

http://gorgebikefitter.com/

2007 Look Dura Ace
    2010 Custom Tonic cross with discs, SRAM
    2012 Moots YBB 2 x 10 Shimano XTR
    2014 Soma B-Side SS

hey

Hey Hellosunshine! I've been wonderin where you disappeared to!

Take care

C

one caveat

Sunshine,
    One caveat on that book, her eating plan for a century ride is if you stop and picnic at lunch not hammer!

For good on-bike nutrition, I rely on Hammer Nutrition's Success for Endurance Athletes booklet. It talks nutrition, hydration on the bike. Though you never mentioned that as an issue, it may be helpful for you anyway.

Good luck on your ride. Ensure you taper down and eat well in preparation. Especially eat something nourishing 2 or 3 hours before hand!

best wishes,
    Laura
    Laura

its a ra ce though!the top blokes will do it in 3 hrs 30!there aint no stopping for me mate!!!
    who is driving your bus?

bother!it was a very very hard wet and very very windy day,4,48.52 and i need shooting,i stopped for a pee,damn!managed to eat 100 calories extra than normal but wish id had eaten more as im strill starving hungry,the top bloke did it in 3.48,crikey!but he is a royal marine and the fastest girl 4.32,i was second girl,beat loadsa men hahaha
    who is driving your bus?

Quote Originally Posted by hellosunshine View Post
    bother!it was a very very hard wet and very very windy day,4,48.52 and i need shooting,i stopped for a pee,damn!managed to eat 100 calories extra than normal but wish id had eaten more as im strill starving hungry,the top bloke did it in 3.48,crikey!but he is a royal marine and the fastest girl 4.32,i was second girl,beat loadsa men hahaha
    You rock, sunshine Keep re-fueling! That's a fine machine you're running but it needs FUEL.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I'm reading the posts and seeing Sunshine's struggles and want to wish you, Sunshine, all the luck as you battle this disease. It is a disease and requires a lot of work. I've had friends with this disease and it takes a lot of work and includes therapy.

For those who are struggling with how much to weigh, I emphasize getting a body fat test. I am 5'5 and now 50 years old. I started to gain weight when I was 34 and decided I needed to weigh 110 pounds. That seemed about right to me. I got my body fat test and it showed, at 135 pounds, I was at 24% body fat. So I increased my weight lifting and aerobic exercising and dropped to 121 lbs. I thought I was doing well and needed to lose only another 11 pounds. I went back and got my body fat tested and was at 14% body fat. I figured out that I was never going to weigh 110 pounds and so I needed to change my expectations of what my right weight needed to be. Now, I was assisted in this by my knowledge of my weight when I got back from a cross county bike tour during the summer after my sophomore year of college - and I weighed 118 pounds. During the ride, I had also lost my period so I decided that 120-125 pounts would be right for me.

Everyone is different but for many people having some solid measurements about your body fat, your height, whether you are large boned or have more muscle mass than most, will help.

I've just started to ride again and can't figure out why, after 2 months I haven't lost any weight - so I think I should go back and get a body fat test to see if I am gaining muscle mass. Hopefully that's the case.

Unfortunately, for those who have eating disorder diseases, the measurements don't matter much so this probably won't help for Sunshine. However, I'm hoping you, Sunshine, will find something that works for you.