Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I didn't really have a chafing problem which has been caused by bad chamois in the pass, this was more a pressure problem. Just sitting on the saddle for a long time. The swelling has gone down. I have no centuries planned for teh rest of this year so hopefully everything will get a chance to heal up well.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Hey Pam---I'm glad to see you post. I've been thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Suggestion for BCIPAM

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    TI have trouble taking multivitamins due to allergies (has something to do with the binding agents in vitamin tabs).
    I take an airborne everyday and drink a V8 too! I no longer take my multi-vitamin because I'm getting the equivs. with these two (more natural?) options. You might want to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by mickchick
    Hey Pam---I'm glad to see you post. I've been thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.
    Ditto, Pam! How are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H.
    Having two different muscle places with cramp-like symptoms would have me wondering if you are temporarily low on calcium. Calcium depletion can cause Charlie-horses and other muscle cramp symptoms. Calcium in your bloodstream can get depleted with exercise- it's included in some of those electrolyte drinks because of that I think
    COOL. Just what I was looking for. I also got a cramp whilst riding and came looking for the answer. I'm popping my one a day now. Hmm.. from the sounds of other posters looks like I need to add to the multi-vit though? THe one a day says it's got extra calcium.

Quote Originally Posted by velogirl
    I take an airborne everyday and drink a V8 too! I no longer take my multi-vitamin because I'm getting the equivs. with these two (more natural?) options. You might want to try it!
    Does it count if I add some vodka and tabasco sauce to it?? Seriously, tried the V8 and it was really salty (bleh) but maybe if it's more natural than pills. I hate taking pills.

Quote Originally Posted by velogirl
    I drink a V8 everyday - not for any reason other than I like them. Guess it's good for me too!!!! Bonus points!

Everyone I'm doing fine. See the surgeon on Wednesday (tomorrow!) to discuss the surgery and set the dates. Feeling OK about things and am really looking forward to having my problem dealt with. I'm tired of dealing with these icky symptoms.

On a related, OT note, I called and told my sister what was going on. She finally admitted she is experiencing the same symptoms. She (like me) thought it was stress related as she and her husband are having problems ). I begged her to see a doctor. She did, had a colonoscopy and just found out she also has colon cancer. What a strange turn of events. Knowing my sister, if I hadn't bullied her she would never have gone to the doctor. The poor fool actually had a minor heart attack during her son's basketball game but didn't want to disrupt the evening as he was having a good night and waited until after the game to head off to the hospital. She's always put her family first. Now she needs to care for herself. At least I've been through all the testing so she knows what to expect.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl