Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shebeest Triple S Short

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Susan:

These are my newest shorts, and I love them A LOT!! The chamois, for me, is just perfect, too. I love the material -- very comfy.

I was wondering, is this design going to change at all for 2007?

Thanks for your help!

Have a wonderful day.

Denise

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals".
    Immanuel Kant

Good question Denise. I do hope the design does not change. I love Shebeest's Triple S.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

I just wore my first pair of Shebeest SSS shorts yesterday, and they totally ROCK! The chamois is the most comfortable I've ever had, and I love that magical stuff they use for the leg grippers--so soft and comfy on the leg--not like that rubbery stuff most shorts use.

It's funny that the Shebeest chamois seems very similar to the new flex chamois in this year's Terry T-shorts, which I also have, but the Shebeest is somehow more comfortable. I'll be watching for these shorts to go on sale--I could use another pair of them.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Originally posted by Bad JuJu: I'll be watching for these shorts to go on sale--I could use another pair of them.
    I'd love another pair myself. If you happen to see that they're on sale, please let me know. I'll surely do the same if I see a sale !

Have a wonderful day.

Denise

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals".
    Immanuel Kant

I've been thinking of trying this short (I love my sprint stripe Shebeest shorts...but they are not good for long rides).

I found this:
    http://lombardisports.com/detail-cycling.aspx?ID=804

But I can't tell what year these are...has there been any changes in this short from previous years? $49.99 is a damn good price...too good to be true, perhaps?

Wow that is a great deal! The fabric named on the Lombardi site is "Restyle" but the TE site calls it "Dryline" so that may be a clue to the model year. Lombardi calls the chamois "Scholastic," which I think is a misprint of "SHElastic" so the chamois may be the same. Still, you'd hate to pay for shipping only to find that you didn't get what you thought you were getting. I guess you could call them and ask.

Thumbs up

It sounds to me like it's last year's verdion of the same short... Restyle => DriStyle and Scholastic => Shelastic? It's actually kinda funny how they goofed that one up.

And yeah, I read that Terry's new flex chamois is the same as Shebeest's Shelastic. Haven't tried the Terry short, though. But Shebeest has several shorts with that same chamois, so if you love it, you have options.

By the way, The SSS short used to come in a couple of other colors, and TE has one of those on sale for $60: Cosmic Blue Triple S (SSS) Short.

I'm a Shebeest fan, can you tell?

~Cari

BTW- If you are a tri girl, you can run in the shelastic shorts without feeling like you have a diaper on, which is nice. Sometimes I need just a bit more padding that the tri shorts have, but I don't want to have to change- or feel like I'm yet to be potty trained!!
    But I ran 3 miles the other day in them and was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cari
    I read that Terry's new flex chamois is the same as Shebeest's Shelastic. Haven't tried the Terry short, though.
    The chamois padding and the design seem like the same, but the surface fabric is definitely different. The Shebeest chamois has a noticeably softer surface than the Terry--the Shebeest is almost velvety, as if the fabric were brushed or something. Very comfortable!

Thumbs up

Hi Everyone!

CARI: The blue shebeest triple S shorts are a pretty shade - but, they're not in my size ..... Thanks for letting us know.

I can't say enough good things about my shebeest triple S shorts and I highly recommend them! I have 2 pair of cycling shorts - the PI microsensor 3D Pro-short ($120) & my shebeest triple S shorts ($80).

They are EXTREMELY comfortable, and I personally think that they're more "figure flattering" !

Having two pair of cycling shorts, I naturally thought I'd be rotating them - you know, wear one when the other is in the wash..... but.... I'm finding that when I come home from riding, I'll take off my shebeest shorts & throw them in the wash right away so I'll have them to wear the next day !

Looks like I will have to get another pair !

Peace & Love,

Denise

Immanuel Kant

Oooh, I love that blue color - would look great with the blue handlebar tape on my Bike Friday and the blue fork on my mountain bike. And they're in my size! Just might have to order them...thanks for the heads up!!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by susanm8048
    Just curious, why would you choose the Triple S rather than the Elite distance 2??

The chamios is the same shape and size but with just a bit more padding for the Elite. As I said, just curious.

The Triple S short has a shorter inseam. I love them for hot weather because they don't cover my short legs as much. I use the Elite Distance short for cooler weather as it gives me more coverage.

The Shelastic chamois has been around since '04. Some of my shorts that I bought then have it.

I used to find these shorts on sale but not so much lately. I love these shorts so much that I just pay full price for them now.

I've bought 2 more pair this year and while the chamois is the same the elastic in the leg is different and the fabric is nicer than the '04's. Maybe the older shorts have stretched?

Just curious, why would you choose the Triple S rather than the Elite distance 2??

The chamios is the same shape and size but with just a bit more padding for the Elite. As I said, just curious.
    For me, the issue is price. I would very much like to try the Elite Distance 2, but for almost $20 less, I can get the Triple S and I love them. If money were not such an issue for me, I would have both.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Good Morning Everyone!

Originally posted by susanm8048: Just curious, why would you choose the Triple S rather than the Elite distance 2??

The shop I went to only carried one type of Shebeest shorts, which happened to be the Triple S. I didn't even know that the Elite Distance 2 existed.

Earlier that morning, I went to check out a triathlete store & ending up trying on a pair of Sugoi shorts (neo pro), which I purchased.
    The next day I went to a bike shop & looked at their selection of shorts. I saw the Shebeest Triple S, tried them on, liked them a lot & bought them.

Financially, I knew that I would not be able to keep both pairs, so I returned the Sugoi neo pro.

Thanks for letting me know about the Elite Distance 2 shorts .

http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=12919

Perhaps next season ........

Have a great day!

Denise

Immanuel Kant

I actually like the Elite Distance 2 shorts much better... for me the longer length is more comfortable and flattering, and they have a nice meshy block of fabric on the back which helps to keep me cool. Also I wear them for road riding on weekends, when I usually do 40-60 miles on Saturdays and 30-45 miles on Sundays, or just one very long ride on Saturday.

I don't have Triple S shorts, but my Pedal Pushers have the same chamois (the Shelastic Chamois). For me the Elite's Century chamois is much more comfortable on those longer rides, and I've found it to be more durable as well.

One thing I *don't* like about the Elite Distance 2 short is that the rise is lower than on the Triple S or the Pedal Pushers. I like my shorts to come up to just above my navel. I sort of solved this problem by getting the Elite shorts in a bigger size. And of course, if I'm doing 30 miles or less, or mountain biking, the thicker pad on the Elite shorts isn't really necessary.

Carissa