Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: mascots

mascots

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone ride with a mascot? I'm spending more and more time on the bike and would love a little company...other than DH.
    Seriously, I'm a kid at heart and am trying to think of a small stuffed or plastic animal that can ride along with me. Can't weigh too much or be too big.
    I had a raccoon seat bag with my mountain bike, but he doesn't like road rides.
    Beanie babies are too big...

I have a little red dog named Rover - he's a mini beanie baby so he's really pretty small - who comes along with me when I'm touring. But he doesn't think that day rides are as interesting unless I'm headed out along the coast. Silly dog! You can get a better idea of his size in this picture with him perched on a Luna Bar.

And here's a picture of him on our tour of Ireland a few years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roverRiding2.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	1288  
    Last edited by DeniseGoldberg; 08-18-2006 at 10:05 AM.
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

awe how cute is your little mascot!

mine are my two dogs that go on short trips with me around the "block". their legs get to tired running any longer than that. they would like to go further, but i know they can't. (trying to be a good mommy)

otherwise its to dirty and rainy to have any other mascot, those two get muddy as it is!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

I don't have one but my buddy has a small super hero action figure on his brake cable!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

He is adorable!
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

I have a "Stitch" from Lilo and Stitch that hangs off one of my brake cables by his teeth. He keeps falling off, though.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Kitsune06 Guest
    I used to have a little plastic barbie doll (the type you get in happy meals) carefully kitbashed with modeling plastic and enamel, hair cut short and spiked (red), wired so she was sitting on my headset. She died a horrible death when I took a crash on the trails, though. I tried to fix her, but... *sigh*

We have a toy Gamera on the back on the tandem. Last year, it was a toy puffer fish; this year, we put Gamera on in time to take us to Portland. For those of you who need to know, Gamera is a Japanese movie monster, a flying turtle who is Guardian of the Universe and Protector of Children. He can spin around in the air and spit fireballs at bad guys.

Archie McPhee's is a great source of bike-sized toys. We saw other bikes on STP with loads of Archie toy animals on them.

Attachment 1291

Attachment 1292
    Last edited by salsabike; 10-14-2006 at 09:25 PM.

I had Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls on my hydration pack. I haven't been using it lately, so now she is on my gear bag.

Salsa! Where did you find Gamera?

This is Alaric. He owns the mountain bike I ride, and he helps me through the tough parts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alaric.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	1293

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    I had Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls on my hydration pack. I haven't been using it lately, so now she is on my gear bag.

Salsa! Where did you find Gamera?
    We got this Gamera on Ebay. Since I personally am enchanted by this flying turtle that spins and spits fire and is one of the good guys, Mr. Salsa got me a Gamera several years ago from an anime shop that has a little mouth mechanism you can press to actually shoot the little plastic fireballs across the room. Apparently I am easily amused.

I love the flying/spinning turtle! I'm going to look for something like that now haha..

I hope the BF doesn't notice it on the tandem on our next ride....hee hee hee.
    Muahahahahaha! I know Kung Fu.

I sometimes carry a small rubber "Gumby" figure. He was my mom's good luck charm that she always kept in her purse. She even made a little jockey outfit for him so he'd look sharp when she took him to the horse races a few times a year. She'd be happy to know that he gets to go on some excellent cycling adventures now and then.

I think Denise's Rover is adorable and looks a little like Gromit (although not as worried as Gromit usually is).

I picked up a beanie baby off the road that sometimes rides in my camelbak, but it often is bending over and looking like it's horking.

On the Illini Chill I usually put one of my stuffed walri in the basket of my old Schwinn... and I have a colorful stuffed turtle pupped from the El Salvador ladies' co-op that sometimes rides on the surfboard - think I"ll get her back there... hmmm... could I have it spitting fire??