Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TFCE Training Ride?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone want to get together to do a TFCE training ride over Labor Day weekend? TFCE is a month away!

Patty

Hi Patty
    What did you have in mind? How many miles, where, when, etc?

I was thinking maybe 40 or so miles. We can ride where ever is most convenient to those riding but definately on back roads! I'm open for Sunday or Monday of Labor Day weekend.

Would you mind an interloper? I am not registered for TFCE (maybe next year?) but I'd love to go riding if I'm not crewing for our friend's first triathlon...

I would join you guys, even thpough i am not doing the century. Monday morning would be best for me. I'd be willing to lead....

Robyn

Hi Robin,

Monday morning works for me! I know you're familiar with the Lexington, Concord, etc area. Do you know of a nice route with not too many hills?

I hope everyone can come out to ride whether you're registered for TFCE or not. It will be fun to meet everyone!

Patty

I might like to join you all if I'm around that day. I'm not doing the century, however. I ride around Concord/Lexington/Lincoln/Wayland/Sudbury. Not yet sure what I'll be doing Labor Day weekend and if I'll be in town or off hiking somewhere, but I'll check back later.
    Oil is good, grease is better.

2007 Peter Mooney w/S&S couplers/Terry Butterfly
    1993 Bridgestone MB-3/Avocet O2 Air 40W
    1980 Columbus Frame with 1970 Campy parts
    1954 Raleigh 3-speed/Brooks B72

I would kinda like to join you all too, but I'm worried about keeping up. Around what speed do you plan on riding?

Emily
    It's only worth it if you're having fun

I could plan a 40 mile route that is not too hilly, leaving from Concord, maybe going into Acton. It is hard to avoid hills around here. Let me know. I have one route that leaves from my house and is about 43 miles. The only big uphill is my street!

Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin
    I could plan a 40 mile route that is not too hilly, leaving from Concord, maybe going into Acton. It is hard to avoid hills around here. Let me know. I have one route that leaves from my house and is about 43 miles. The only big uphill is my street!

Robyn

That works for me! I ride about 14 mph, I know thats slow for some but slow and steady works very well for me!

How bout an early start of 9am? Let us know where to meet. Its going to be wonderful to meet you guys (gals).

Patty

I can certainly lead with an average of around 14. If anyone is interested in starting earlier than 9 let me know. Otherwise 9 is fine. We could meet in Concord Center, there is plenty of free parking in the municipal lot, on Main St. (Rt. 62). When you get into Concord Center, (coming from Rt. 2), make a left on Keyes Rd. The lot is on the right.

Robyn

14mph sounds perfect for me. So it's 9am in Concord Center on Labor Day? I may be working that day (they don't call it labor day for nothing). If I'm not I'll definitely be there. I'll let you all know for sure when it gets closer.

Emily
    It's only worth it if you're having fun

Ok, I will test out a route tomorrow.....

I might be able to join you depending on if I'm on the Cape or in NH that weekend. I'll check back closer to the date.

Linda

practice ride

I can do a ride on labor day...how far do you wan to go?