Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

So you teach 5th graders instead?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by Susarific
    From reading the thread it seemed that people were pretty unpleased about the situation with the TSA especially the eye drop issue. It just seems to me that in situations like this it is easy to lose perspective of why they are doing this, it's just to keep everyone safe.
    I do understand that the restrictions are an attempt to keep everyone safe, but I also know that if the flight I was scheduled to be on this past weekend was over an hour that I probably would have canceled my trip.

I was not able to take my "use whenever I need them" eyedrops on the plane since they are not a prescription item - and I didn't have time because of the timing of the restriction to attempt to get a prescription from my doc for a non-prescription item that he has instructed me to use. As it was, the two hours that I was in the airport and flying were way longer than my usual time interval to use these drops. Not only is my vision affected, excessive dryness can cause problems with the surface of eyes. So did I lose perspective here? I don't think so.

At this point, I really glad that the vacation I have scheduled for September is just next door in Canada and that I am getting there by car and ferry. If the extreme restricions on carry-ons continues on flights to Europe - well somehow it is beyond my imagination that a camera + lenses in checked baggage would arrive at my destination in usable shape. My bicycle survives travel in the hold (although she thinks that she should be able to fit in the overhead comparment), but the camera - or a computer? I don't think so.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    So you teach 5th graders instead?

No one ever said I was nice to them!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

If they tried to take my eyedrops off of me, I would offer to put drops in my eyes to show that it wasn't an explosive. That usually works.
    Just don't get huffy with the TSA....they are on a power trip usually.

Quote Originally Posted by mtkitchn
    Just don't get huffy with the TSA....they are on a power trip usually.
    and overworked and underpaid!!!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

They just added eye drops and saline solution back to the execeptions. You are allowed up to 4 ounces. I think I can handle that.

What about the hard case for my sunglasses? I had heard no cases for glasses.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

i thought the cases (just like the electronics) was an overseas/london thing... not a domestic within the us thing?

V;

Former ER nurse chiming in here...I had to be nice to them for 12 hours

My Mommy is flying to Ohio to spend a month with my very pregnant sister.
    She has been told that by bringing her 5 pound havanese puppy with her the dog will have to go thru the x-ray security check at the airport. I find this hilarious as my mother is 72 and she does not look at all like a terrorist!!! They will probably take away her knitting needles and thread scissors

karen
    still laughing
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org

Quote Originally Posted by massbikebabe
    She has been told that by bringing her 5 pound havanese puppy with her the dog will have to go thru the x-ray security check at the airport.
    i feel really bad for the puppy!
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

From reading the thread it seemed that people were pretty unpleased about the situation with the TSA especially the eye drop issue. It just seems to me that in situations like this it is easy to lose perspective of why they are doing this, it's just to keep everyone safe. As for people complaining to stressed out flight attendants... in my experience people are very vocal about what they like and don't like regarding anything air travel related. Trust me people have NO problem complaining about things like this. Those who I did speak to about the TSA regs. were very understanding, like I said I was surprised. Anyway, good luck to those of you who are travelling this week.

I think most of us realize complaining won't change the situation. Plus I remember in the beginning (like right after 911) when you even joked about something involving security, attendants and airline personnel would remind one its a Federal offense punishable by jail time soooooo... you won't hear me complaining , at least not off the TE Forum!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by massbikebabe
    V;

Former ER nurse chiming in here...I had to be nice to them for 12 hours

My Mommy is flying to Ohio to spend a month with my very pregnant sister.
    She has been told that by bringing her 5 pound havanese puppy with her the dog will have to go thru the x-ray security check at the airport. I find this hilarious as my mother is 72 and she does not look at all like a terrorist!!! They will probably take away her knitting needles and thread scissors

karen
    still laughing

Don't get me going about who they do and do not check - sometimes we need not to be so political correct!!!!

OK just joking... no hate mail please!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

From reading the thread it seemed that people were pretty unpleased about the situation with the TSA especially the eye drop issue. It just seems to me that in situations like this it is easy to lose perspective of why they are doing this, it's just to keep everyone safe. As for people complaining to stressed out flight attendants... in my experience people are very vocal about what they like and don't like regarding anything air travel related. Trust me people have NO problem complaining about things like this. Those who I did speak to about the TSA regs. were very understanding, like I said I was surprised. Anyway, good luck to those of you who are travelling this week.

I think most of us realize complaining won't change the situation. Plus I remember in the beginning (like right after 911) when you even joked about something involving security, attendants and airline personnel would remind one its a Federal offense punishable by jail time soooooo... you won't hear me complaining , at least not off the TE Forum!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Unfortunately, weapons and such have been smuggled (and attempted to be smuggled) aboard aircraft in everything from children's teddy bears to wheelchairs. So everyone actually gets checked for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    JOKING Is a federal offense (i.e. "i have a bomb in my *name the place* ha ha ha h... "just kidding"

however COMPLAINING is not a federal offense... never has been... "i don't like that i can't take X or Y on the plane"

Quote Originally Posted by mtkitchn
    Unfortunately, weapons and such have been smuggled (and attempted to be smuggled) aboard aircraft in everything from children's teddy bears to wheelchairs. So everyone actually gets checked for a reason!
    flying out to the bush of alaska you don't need to smuggle anything. we have no security. none, zip, nada. you can walk on with a gun/knife/weapon strapped to your side and no one would say a word. then again who's going to hijack a bush plane? they'll just open the door and toss you out. i've actually landed in anchorage, looked in my carryon and realized that i forgot to take a filet knife out of my bad. oops.

though i heard of a story of a trooper flying from fairbanks to anchorage. they let him take his gun with him, but not his toenail clippers. they said it was the law, technically isn't he the law?
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.