Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl
    Hmmmm...can't you just put the little bottle of plastic drops in your top (bra) and bring it on with you?
    See, this is what I was wondering. I understand the need to eliminate liquids because of the risk, but if it takes such a small amount, you really think the people who want to blow up the plane will not think of taping it to their leg or something? They wouldn't put it in their carry-on, they would just put it in their pocket. You can't catch it in the metal detector. So, are the searching every person that walks through the gate?? I understand the need, but to say my sealed container of eye drops is not OK to bring, but to just let everyone walk to the metal detectors and not pat them down seems a little silly.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    For eye drops, can you soak cotton balls in the eye drop solution and then put the cotton balls in a ziplock bag, and then squeeze the eye drops out of the cotton balls when you need them for your eyes?

The evil people in this world will find a way to do evil. It's their thing.

Just get it over with and eliminate all carry on luggage. And no babies - don't jump on me. They require too much extra stuff.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    The evil people in this world will find a way to do evil. It's their thing.

Just get it over with and eliminate all carry on luggage. And no babies - don't jump on me. They require too much extra stuff.

V.
    Babies "require" very little. It's the parents who require all the stuff!

Now back to our regularly-scheduled show...already in progress.

Don't babies need diapers, cleaners, anti rash goop, plus food every 2 minutes?

V.

TandemHearts.com

V.
    I don't know. My mom just gave us a bit of whiskey, and we were no problem.

Tulip, you are so right! When my kids were littel I took everthing in the house with us. Now when I babysit my neices and nephews, I look at what my sister packs and just laugh! Who knew?

I can see it now - the flight attendants hand out a small bottle of whiskey to all on board. They watch each individual to be sure you actually drink your serving. The flight does not leave the ground until all have consumed at least 4 ounces of whiskey.

And a happy flight is had by all.

V.

TandemHearts.com

I can see it now - the flight attendants hand out a small bottle of whiskey to all on board. They watch each individual to be sure you actually drink your serving. The flight does not leave the ground until all have consumed at least 4 ounces of whiskey.

And a happy flight is had by all.

V.
    V -- You're absolutely right. We will all arrive at our destinations ugly (no lipstick or hairspray) and stinky (no deodorant), but we won't care!

We're planning to fly to Nova Scotia Friday, and it should be interesting.

KB

Not if they're breastfed and their mothers are using elimination communication!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elimination_communication

Karen

My husband and I showed up at the airport at 6am Friday morning to fly to Portland on vacation. We knew nothing of the restrictions since they'd just gone into effect in the previous few hours. We ended up checking our bags after finding out that we couldn't take liquids on board (good thing we always show up at the airport early!). I had to put my eye drops and lip balm in my checked bag and throw away my bottled water. It was pretty uncomfortable since I apply both "medications" about every 30 minutes and drink water like it's going out of style, but I lived.
    Our flights were on time and our bags showed up with us. The worst part of the experience was the long security lines. I understand that those in the UK are having a heck of a time.
    As far as an explosion on an airplane, it would depend upon where the bomb went off and what kind of airplane it was. The airframe could survive a hole in certain areas, but if you had several bombs go off in the cabin at the same time, it could be devastating. Remember the 737 in Hawaii some years ago that had an entire section of fuselage peel up and leave a gaping hole in the side of the airplane? It landed safely. A Boeing can fly with a lot of damage.
    Anyway, I think the restrictions are probably a good idea, even though I was a little perturbed when it affected me!

My husband is on a plane at least twice a week, sometimes twice a day, and often flies 4-6 times a WEEK! So hearing about all of this is very stressful! I know it can happen, but man it's just hard to hear!
    My only hope is that the Phoenix to Vegas flight isn't much of a target. I mean it's such a short hop. But then again vegas is known as a place for "sinners" so a religious radical may just WANT to target Vegas.. Sigh... UGH!

Cool, see the things I learn. You think I can get lens re-wetting solution in a single dose thingee at your average pharmacy?

Yes, I know all this stuff can go in my checked baggage as I read the TSA site that I linked to, and, no, I cannot give up my lenses as I said above. Yes, I want the world to be safe and I'll go along with a lot of rules but sometimes the rules get written without thought for the real world. Basically, the powers that be should first ask if the item is of medical or functional necessity and then define restrictions. I cannot function without contacts for vision reasons (and there are others who cannot function without them due to medical necessity) and the lens drops are a medical necessity on long flights or when my seat mates insist on blowing the fans. Therefore, the TSA could define eye drops in single dose applicators sufficient for the flight as acceptable.

Lise, I get horribly dry lips also. I'm going to try taking a stick of Blistex Silk & Shine. That's the best "stick" stuff I've found. Otherwise, I use Chapstick Overnight Lip Treatment (during the day!) which is a gel in a tube. It seems that products with Dimethicone are the best for keeping my lips from cracking. I'll let you know if I get through with the stick.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I'm waiting for the day when we're stripped down, strip searched, forcibly restrained to our seats, and then given general anesthesia for the duration of the flight. Really. I can't wait.

my motto on flying (considering i have to do that to get out of here to go anywhere)

Time to Spare, Fly by Air

for chapped lips and really dry spots i use Aquaphor. helps big time. i use to use the nighttime stuff, but i like this stuff much more. winter time i have a hard time with dry lips.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.