Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    i've ALWAYS gotten BOTTLED water.. AND they've always given me the whole bottle... with a glass of ice....
    You don't see the bottled water as an issue because you have never had a problem. That does not mean others have not had a problem.

There is a reason people are in a fuss about the water. It's not that they are hysterical and want to cause trouble. If you had ever been given a glass full of not very tasty water on a flight, maybe you would understand a bit better. If you had medical issues that made staying hydrated necessary, maybe you'd have some empathy.

Not everyone has the same life experiences and issues.

Veronica
    Last edited by Veronica; 08-16-2006 at 07:10 PM.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    but they need to wash it down......with tiny bottles of water
    okay, i am getting the idea. WATER bottles are EVIL!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Maybe I'll get one of those leeetle bottles of vodka instead. Hold the ice, pleeeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    Maybe I'll get one of those leeetle bottles of vodka instead. Hold the ice, pleeeeze.
    Hey that was my suggestion days ago - well I said whiskey for everyone. But I don't think the kind of alcohol really matters... just so long as it makes everyone happy or go to sleep. And isn't enough to make anyone mean.

V.

TandemHearts.com

The one nice thing I discovered about Dulles airport:

Vino Vollo Whine Bar

My flight home was delayed the last time I was there and I killed a very pleasant hour and a few brain cells.

Now you're talking, Jo. Shall I confess here that I have a flask? Oh, you knew that because we bought cages for them for our bikes. I started leaving mine at home because I was tired of having my bags searched for a little Amaretto. I may start again just to annoy the TSA. With X-ray machines it should make it faster for them.

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    i would definitely double check cuz i did hear on one newscast that contact solution was one way of getting the "liquid" they needed on the plane (along with sports drinks
    Huh? You think I faked the linked to the TSA website which specifically says saline solution is acceptable?

Some airlines do not provide bottled water, one of those being America West -- and, yes, I asked. Perhaps, Cali, if you asked, if you'd get a different answer.

There are signs in the airports stating no water or beverages or whatever may be brought on board. Filling a nalgene bottle and carrying it aboard is a risk. I can just see an entire plane emptied or re-routed when the attendants catch site of this bottle.

I can just see someone with DVT or PE going without water for very long. I delayed my MS injection because I need a lot of water the day after the shot.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 08-16-2006 at 07:53 PM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by jobob
    The one nice thing I discovered about Dulles airport:

Vino Vollo Whine Bar

My flight home was delayed the last time I was there and I killed a very pleasant hour and a few brain cells.
    This is the store that is under construction right next to the American West terminals in Sac!

Several of my co-workers were most grateful that I had brought wine on the last trip since there was no chance this time. They hoped the TSA gets this figured out fast because they'd like to put in their orders for the next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    There are signs in the airports stating no water or beverages or whatever may be brought on board. Filling a nalgene bottle and carrying it aboard is a risk. I can just see an entire plane emptied or re-routed when the attendants catch site of this bottle.
    SadieKate, i did not say my son was right or even smart for doing what he did.
    I gave him grief for doing it. His only response was, I did it in full view of the world!
    The reason why i shared it with you all was just to let you know that the security measures aren't working too well if this could happen at JFK airport just a week (not quite) after this hullaballoo started.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Oh, I wasn't saying you did, Mimi. Sorry if I gave you that impression. One of my co-workers said that someone pulled a soda out of his backpack on her flight and then professed ignorance.

Then, there was the guy in front of me in the security line tonight. I started to wonder if he'd flown in the last 10 years. He pulled item after item out of his pockets, went back for one of the plastic bags they provide now (instead of the bowl) for this stuff, then rememered his belt, then his shoes, then his computer, then his phone, Blackberry, jacket, etc. I think it took 4 bins. I finally just gave him a big smile and said, "I'm cutting in front because I'm ready to roll. OK with you?" I already had my jewelry off and in my bag. I left my computer home because of the short trip and always wear slip-on shoes. 5 secs max to put stuff on the security belt.

no doubt i'll get trashed for this too (seems like the same few gripe about EVERYTHING i say!)... but i've brought back wine from new york NUMEROUS times... PACKED IN MY CHECKED luggage.. and NEVER had a broken bottle...i was just very careful about the way i packed it... wrapped in clothes and well padded....

but then... where there's a will there's a way... NO WAY was i lugging around HEAVY bottles of win through airports with layovers...

mimi... don't worry about it... it all worked out well for your son!

as for water on the plane..... i'm done with the subject... i guess i'm just easier to please... since i've never carried water onto the plane.. i've decided i don't need to argue with you all about it... since it doesn't pertain to me!

ok.. go ahead... trash this post too!

The other nice things about that wine bar, besides the excellent wine and the very tasty appetizers, was that it had comfy chairs and it was reasonably quiet. I was chatting with the manager a bit and he told me they were planning to expand to other airports so I'm glad to hear it's finally happening.

That's good to know Jo. I'm not much of a drinker, but I like to eat. It seems like a lot of the airport places are fast food. Although I really do like the breakfast burrito at the place in Oakland.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike
    Ginger Carrot lotion? Eeeewwwwww.
    I know. It kind of smells like clean dirt which can be nice . . . when I'm gardening. I think it is a Bath and Body Works product. I like ginger carrot soup.

I stayed at the Valley Ho Hotel (ya gotta love that name) the last time I was in Scottsdale. They had used the Icelandic moonflower collection from www.redflower.com. Yummy. I'm trying to figure out how to justify buying a gigantic bottle of lotion.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 08-16-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    I stayed at the Valley Ho Hotel (ya gotta love that name)

Did I tell you about my fifth graders asking me what a 'ho was this year? I was mortified!

V.

TandemHearts.com

NOOOO! Well, you gotta do something with the poop in the garden.