Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Any One from San Antonio??

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey! I am new to the forum and new to cycling. my husband has gotten me into it. we like to do the mountian biking and i was wondering if anyone was interested in going riding? i am a bigger girl and i am looking to lose quite a bit of weight and was looking for some people to help motivate me to get out and ride when my husband cant go with me.

sandy

Hi Sandy! Bummmmmmer..I live pretty far from you, but just wanted to say hi...I have relatives that live in San Antonio, but I do not get out that way too often. Good luck on clying! Let us know how it goes...

Sandy- I am up the road North of Austin but try looking up the San Antonio Wheelmen. I met the nicest woman who was one of their group at a ride back in May. If they are as pleasant as she was, then you would probably have a lot of fun. I am sure they have riders of all abilities who would be happy to ride with a newbie. Good luck.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Hi Sandi

I'm in San Antonio and have just gotten serious about cycling. I live not too far frm the airport inside Loop 410. I have been doing the Thursday night social ride from Bike World on Broadway. Very informal - 12 to 14 mile ride to Hemisphere Plaza. All abilities participate. Just show up in their parking lot at 7 p.m. Thursday. We leave promptly at 7:30 p.m. and depending how fast you ride, most return about 9:30. Lots of rest stops and pretty route. Now that its dark out, bring your blinkies!

i'm near the forum

Hi Sandy45 I'm in SA--

if you haven't already, try the Monday night mission ride out of Blue Star Brewery (18 miles, no drop, bring good lights this time of year). Leaves at 7:00pm sharp!

Also check out the SA branch of Ride Like a Girl- they might be able to help you meet some more mtn bike people http://www.saridelikeagirl.com/Home_Page.php
    The coordinator/contact veronica is really great, and does both mtn & road rides, clinics, get-togethers, etc.

Happy riding!!

BeeLady - It sounds like you live right around where I grew up (and where my parents still live). They're at Broadway and Terra Alta.

Thanks to those who posted links to SA area cycling groups. I need to find a place to ride when I'm visiting my folks.

Susan in Dallas
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, 'Wow, what a ride!!!'"