Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchick68
    Love all the pics of everyone! This has been SO fun to see....

also appreciate the lesson in "how to speak/understand Australian" I fly to Sydney on Sept 5! getting excited now!!!!
    Woohoo - Give my regards to Sydney and have a BALL.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    I hope this works. Me at the Cinderella in March. Don't you love the booties?
    do those booties keep your feet warm? i have the "winter" style mtb shoes and my feet still freeze! wondering if i used booties over the top of them if it would help.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

oh, yes, they make a great difference. they keep your feet warmer and dryer if there is precipitation. I wear them on most winter rides (temps below 50!)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

It was rainy that day, plus, my feet were already wet before the ride because the parking lot (field) was a sodden mess. Water was squishing up through my cleats. It's a good thing I had those things (they're my husband's from his cycling-in-Indiana and Chicago days) or I never would have even gotten started because my feet would have frozen!!
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

Quote Originally Posted by postiechic
    indeedy we do...
    but posties here get to deliver on motorbikes, not pushies...dammit!
    when it's a parcel, it's too big for the postie, so the man in the white van delivers it. From my home office window I can see the traffic coming into our quiet street. When I see the postie van come into the street, I just sit there eyes glued to see if he's gonna come down my driveway (I've usually got something on order from somewhere in the world waiting to be delivered...)... I just get excited every time I see his van....

Quote Originally Posted by Mags...
    When I see the postie van come into the street, I just sit there eyes glued to see if he's gonna come down my driveway ... I just get excited every time I see his van....

This reminds me of when I was a kid watching for the postie van. Funny how that excitement never leaves you. Our postie vans are red which somehow makes it even more exciting!
    If it's not one thing it's another

Thank you everyone for such nice comments on my bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Bikingmomof3
    Okay, now I need one of those jerseys. It is so nice to see them on someone, to see how they hang/fit. Is it true to size? I love, love, love Shebeest and just bought some from TE, but was uncertain ow this one fit. Please let me know so I can add more to my list of "must haves".

BTW, your bike is sweet.
    The jersey fits well in the size I chose for me (3X). The sleeves are non-binding and as you can see the rest gives me a loose but not baggy coverage of my, ahm, generous self. There isn't elastic in the hem but it glides smoothly over my rear assets and doesn't ride up. It has a more feminine cut (slightly princess?) that I think would be flattering to many body types. I don't know if that helps you or not as so much of fit is subjective to our own tastes and foibles.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby
    Hey guys, way way up, the second or third post in this thread i am wearing that other sheebeest jersey, the one with orange and the daisies. I like it a lot!
    I noticed it in your pictures. If the plus sized one came with orange sleeves instead of yellow - it'd be here already!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa H.
    Patty, what is that bike anyway? It looks great. Is it a hybrid?
    They call it a commuter bike. She's a 2006 Novara Fusion (WSD). She came fully loaded (bell, rack, disc brakes, one dyno light, one battery light, internal hub gear), has slightly curved flat handlebars with a cross piece and she's not light. Probably around 30 lbs. For commuting I usually have a handlebar bag and a trunk back on her (as in the above pictures). For errands, I add a pair of grocery panniers and for leisure just go the the handlebar bag and the underseat toolbag. In all 3 set ups she handles well. The tires are 700cc with the front tire width being a 35 and the rear being a 37.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb W
    And the dynohub too. You don't even waste batteries
    She's got both a battery headlight and the dynohub light. I use rechargeables in the battery light. Besides being pro recharagable batteries for environmental reasons, I'd go broke buying them because I have yet to consistently remember to turn the light off when I do use it. I rode most of the summer with just the dynolight and have just broken down and put batteries in the other now that it's getting light later.

Thanks again for all the nice things everyone posted!

Patty
    2005 Specialized Dolce - Stock body geometry saddle
    2005 Novara Fusion - Terry Liberator Y saddle
    Dahon Ciao! / stock saddle

gozlin7 "oh and wish there were plus-sized long-sleeved versions!"

oh, forget long sleeve jerseys, the moment you get warmed up they are a *&^%.

Get a wild pair of arm skins! Maybe some AV arm skins (you'd have to find someone here who'll part with them or wait till next time).
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Okay, here I am and wearing a mighty fine jersey, too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff2.JPG 
Views:	551 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	1318  
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

Tater,
    You look great! I am so envious that I missed out on a jersey. I want to be in the club.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

New bike, new picture

I think having a new bike warrants posting a new picture

How do we make this thread sticky?

I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Great picture, great bike! No wonder you're smiling.

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

OK, Nicole (aka MDHillSlug), I think I've got the same bike as you, and I've got a red helmet, so I sure as heck hope we don't wear the same color jersey tomorrow or we'll look like those dorky guys who ride in matching clothes! My usual riding partner and I always joke how they look like the kids from the Sound of Music.

Janice

Here's me on my mtn bike with Sue Haywood coaching through a tough uphill switchback. A group of friends and I went to West Virginia last weekend for an all girls weekend. Sue was one of the guides/coaches. It was an awesome weekend!
    I don't have any pics of me on my road bike, but will post if/when I get some.

Kerry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2006sept_18_sue[1].jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	1546  

Great pictures Tater, MDHillSlug & kerrybelle!!

Tater -- I'm envious too -- I want to be in the club & wear that cool
    jersey ......maybe next time....

MDHillSlug I like your jersey too! What kind is it??

Peace & Love,

Denise

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals".
    Immanuel Kant