Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

shorts i wore for a 107 mile bike ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

I rode the Ibex wool knickers for 107 miles!! I never had a bit of trouble with them.

It was chilly early on in the day; and got warm towards the end. I kept my knees safe and warm for the whole trip; and never overheated.

Second day (87 miles or so)... I wore the Terry short (The pair I bought from Triskelion). It has an ample chamois which helped keep my poor backside from being too bruised following a century ride.

Again, comfort comfort comfort!!!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I know I plug the Terry shorts alot.... sorry TE... but Terry makes a great chamois - it's not in everyone of their shorts but I do buy those that has it... it's the "ultimate chamois" It looks different than other chamois. The seams actually wrap down the leg so no irritation between chamois seams and leg seams. Difinitely a great century short!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I don't think the TE folks mind your plugging Terry's shorts, since TE sells them also. In fact, it's great that TE has that wide selection--at Terry, it's mostly Terry stuff (and I like a lot of Terry stuff, but not all, plus their prices aren't the best), but at TE, there are many brands to choose from.

So Mimi, where'd ya get those Ibex knickers from anyway? Here in FL, I wear knickers most of the winter.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

I did see the Ibex shorts for sale on line (try Froogle) but my LBS ordered them and we got a discount because my husband is in a cycle club..
    They are pricey; but I don't imagine they're going to wear out any time soon.
    if i had a complaint it would be that the chamois isn't as substantial as in the Terry shorts
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

To clarify, the short I sold Mimi is the 2006 terry T-short with the flex chamois, not the 'ultimate chamois' and yes they are available for purchase right here at TE. I sold them cuz for me, the chamois is too thin, so it also shows how different we all are! But, lately I have been having issues no matter what chamois I wear, thin, thick, so maybe I need a brooks saddle like Mimi, or maybe I need estrogen, I just don't know. I just feel too much pressure on my girly bits during rides. I can tell I am not putting enough weight on my sit bones, but not sure what to do about it. Its happened more on vacation when I try to ride very aggresively to hold my husband's wheel, and hunker down in the drops to catch back up when I get dropped. My terry butterfly has worked for years, and the problem only started recently even though my position on my bike hadn't changed for a year, so its odd.