Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

I did my first metric!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello everyone!
    Saturday I completed my first metric century and I'm so pumped!
    It didn't start very well... DH and I were late and got a 15 minute delayed start so we were pretty much by ourselves for the first 10 miles. No problem with that really, except that the cycle gods decided to punish us with a heavy downpour at mile 5. We were soaked. Water was slushing in my shoes, I couldn't see, I'm sure you all know the feeling, but it was a first for me. At the first rest stop we found that it was a microburst - that no one else got it. People looked at us and asked how we got so wet.... they thought we were profuse perspirators I guess.

It was a hilly course but beautiful.

Just had to share my joy as no one here in the workplace understands.

Congratulations! Sounds like it was quite an adventure.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Congratulations!! I'm green with envy <--- see?!?!?!?!?! Hope it was fun and you have many more..

Pat

Congratulations!! Glad you had a great ride. Other than the rain I mean. Don't feel alone, that would be what would happen to me. I'd be the only one rained on.

That's awesome!! Sorry about the rain, but it's gotta be funny in hind sight!

Keep on riding!

Congratulations!!!! I know how it is when you accomplished something over the weekend and you tell people at work that you road a metric and they go huh? like on a bike? like a pedal bike? what's a metric? that sounds easy?

Um, no! It's not easy and it's a great accomplishment!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Roshelle from Milwaukee

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Congrats on completing your first metric century!!! Yay for you!
    Sounds like it was fun (minus the rain) and that you had a good time.
    While the people at work don't undertand, WE surely can appreciate how awesome an accomplishment that is!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Well Done and welcome to the club! so................when is your first century? lol
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Thank you guys... appreciate the support!

and CorsairMac, I hope my first century is just around the corner!

Good Job

That is a great accomplishment! And, because of the rain you have a great story for your first metric century. IT's always those crazy things like rain or running over a squirrel or the day you saw a bald eagle that makes you remember things more vividly!

What a riot about the rain and it only catching the two of you. Everyone else must have been so confused. lol

Very happy for you and your DH and your ride. Congrats!!!

Congratulations. May you and your DH enjoy many more rides.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Oh, that's great! Thanks for the mini ride report. Sorry about the rain, but as someone else said, it makes for a good story afterwards.

It's nice that you had someone to ride with. I did my first metric by myself, though I did find someone to ride with after starting--at about mile 7, another woman and I found that we were about matched in pace and we did the whole ride together. But no one at home understood--then. Since then, I've done a little indoctrination process so never again did I or will I arrive home to "ho-hum, so you rode your bike all day, big deal."

On the other hand, you couldn't find better congrats and encouragement than we get at these TE forums!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress