Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keen Sandals

Keen Sandals

To disable ads, please log-in.

I ordered a pair of Keen Isabela slides from REI. Either the shoes and box are mis-marked, or my feet have shrunk. I ordered a size seven, normal for me. When I put them on, there is easily an inch and a quarter of space on the back! Do Keens run funky?

Mine have run true to size but I don't have the model you have.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Mine seem fairly true to size, but they are the newports, not the slides (and mens sized, if that matters). The newports have a little "toe" indentation in them, so I can tell where they expect the toes to go, and it seems right when I'm standing or walking. Maybe the slides are similar?

REI is usually pretty good about taking back things ordered online. Maybe take them to the store and try on a size down? Unless they don't have them in the store

I always find that slides fit funny, and sandals in general even. The Keen slides do seem a little... weirder than normal ones, but I've only worn wrong-sized ones (someone I know has them).

I find myself ordering all my Keens (5 pair) in a larger than normal size.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I have the non-slide version of the Isabella and they're big on me, and have gotten bigger with wearing as the leather has stretched.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    I find myself ordering all my Keens (5 pair) in a larger than normal size.

V.
    Mine fit true to size, but I've heard from many others that they've had to size up on them.

i just bought 2 pair this weekend.... my newports are true to size... my saratogas (slides) are a half size smaller.... (i tried on various other styles.. and they were all true to size.. so it may be that just the slide styles run big?)

i have a pair of the newports. they seemed pretty true to size. i had to figure out between half sizes and what was personally comfy for me, but they seemed really close, just one was wider than the other.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

I'm starting to think mine are mis-marked. They are truly closer to a 9 than a 7! Back to REI to return them

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I have several different types of Keen shoes (Newport sandals, Taos shoes, and Targhee shoes). For all of them, I had to order a half size smaller than I would usually take. I usually take a size 9 shoe, but in Keens I am a size 8 1/2.
    I think it may have something to do with width. My feet are very narrow, and Keens have a bit more width than most shoes.
    I love my keens! They have GREAT arches.
    But the "bumper toe" is not the best for biking if you already have a bit of "toe clip" when you ride.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Snap - did they send you a men's shoe instead? Maybe a men's version got put into a womens box. I've found that 9 women's seems to correspond pretty closely to a men's 7 in Keens.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

The label in the shoes says 7 - I don't think the Isabella comes in mens.
    Last edited by snapdragen; 03-25-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Very wierd. Is the UK size 7? (all my keens have 4 sizes listed in them) I'm just wondering how you ended up with the wrong size shoes. Yeah, definitely take them back to REI!!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I love keens and I tried on those shoes - they felt loose on my feet. really liked the looks though.
    i started life out with nothing, and have most of it left[

I tried on a pair of Keens at REI, and the salesguy said he thought they ran small. I had to buy the Seattles I wanted (the urban assault Mary Jane style) one size larger than I normally wear.

When I was trying them on, another woman was doing the same, and absolutely could not stand them because of the high arch support. She said she had very flat feet. I have very high arches and they support my feet like no other shoe. Go figure.