Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Gatorade

Post Gatorade

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,

Well, now that my bike is fitted properly, I've been riding like a fiend! <g>

Anyway, I'm going broke on Gatorade. Is there a more cost-effective alternative? Beyond water, of course. I find that I like the sweet taste of Gatorade and tend to drink more. I tried orange juice, but it's twice the calories of Gatorade. I'm looking for something in the range of 50 cal for 8 oz with some sodium content and about 15 grams carb per 8 oz. I prefer to drink rather than eat nutrition bars, etc., although I usually eat a little something before I ride. I usually ride 1-2 hours at a time. Do you think diluted juice with a sprinke of salt added would work OK?

TIA

Rita

powdered stuff?

Hi

have you tried buying the powdered stuff? i can't remember how much i paid, but it is certainly cheaper than getting the pre bottled stuff.

you could always use diluted orange juice too.

Han

Re: powdered stuff?

Originally posted by han-grrl
    Hi

have you tried buying the powdered stuff? i can't remember how much i paid, but it is certainly cheaper than getting the pre bottled stuff.

Han
    I thought about the powdered stuff, but it doesn't seem to come in the only flavor I like, passionfruit...

Somebody on another forum suggested Kool-Aid. It's just flavored sugar-water, anyway.

Rita