Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok I know this is an old thread. Don't worry about high heart rate the 194 you talked about is only about 4 beats above LT for me or so the tester claimes. I think it is 194 though. My max is set at 215 but thats only because the heart rate monitor I have won't let me set it higher. I have actually held that 215 for a minuet or slightly more on more then one occasion, doubt it's my max. Resting heart rate 67.

Talking

Hmmm... this thread is so old its heart rate is falling? I'm feeling good about the treats I just dodged, thinking "I'm burning calories now... I'm losing weight..." and then I check my cute HRM watch and it's 47 bpm. Geez... not burning many calories at all... do ya think the student in the computer lab would understand if I suddenly started doing crunches on the floor?

As long as my BPM don't crash to 0 I think I'm fine.

Well its interesting that men have lower BPM than women. Something new I learned today.

Thanks,

Correction max is 220. Yeah it took a hard race and not dropping over dead to figure that out. Also my LT is a few beats higher then I thought too.

Quote Originally Posted by CR400 View Post
    Correction max is 220. Yeah it took a hard race and not dropping over dead to figure that out. Also my LT is a few beats higher then I thought too.
    Yeah, same here. Last race I did, with lots of hills, my heart rate maxed out at 217.
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses