Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So Cold!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

my plan is to burn a whole bunch of these videos onto a DVD for personal use only...

singletrack

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

Angry

I bought a spinerval but I didn't like it at all. Those people on the bikes look disgusting with sweat dripping off their noses.

Sorry, but I was very disappointed. I want a video that has more visual appeal.

I don't really pay much attention to the riders in the video. I focus more on what the set is . They definitely keep me in the shape I want to be in for riding outside.

Veronica

I've used the training videos (e.g. Spinervals) when working out with a group. They do indeed give you a good workout!

When I'm alone I prefer surf videos or just plain music. I'm not a big fan of "top 40". I'll spin to big band jazz, surf music, salsa and good old fashioned 80's punk rock

I don't know why - but Van Halen and Pat Benatar make me want to push myself to the limit.

Veronica

Pat!

" Come on and hit me with your best shot....."

You know you're hummin'

Actually it's "Heartbreaker" and 'Fire and Ice" and Van Halen's "Right Now." I actually contemplated making a CD of just those three songs over and over. But figured I'd probably give myself a heart attack from working out at too high an intensity for too long.

Veronica

My indoor training inspiration is watching car video games. My fiance is a former member of a collegiate team, and everyone comes over to practice on trainers (we can fit fourish people in teh living room) while someone plays grand tourismo. Its good for that feeling like your actually moving thing.....the company helps too!! I think since I"m the only girl riding AND since I have no intention of racing it kind of inspires the college guys who ARE going to race in March to put in their training time.....

"Real" people

I really LIKE the spinervals videos -- they are truly focused on getting your bike form and endurance up to snuff...very hard videos, but very good training. I also found it improved my general bike knowledge overall as well.

And I love the fact there are "real" athletes on these videos, triathletes, ironmen, etc. who actually sweat!! Finally, someone who sweats like me! ;-) Those Jane Fonda thong and leg warmers days are OVER for me....

Ride like a girl.

Renee