Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

To disable ads, please log-in.

P.S. If any of my fellow carousers are wondering, I even survived my ride this morning - we ended up doing the 20-mile Three Bears loop instead of our original plan, and somehow I managed to complete it with my best time ever by 10 minutes! Didn't even use the granniest of my granny gears on Mama Bear -a first! I guess all that "hydrating" last night did the trick!

As photographic proof I offer this view from the bottom of Papa Bear. (This was taken while (barely) moving - one of the benefits of an extraordinarily slow rate of ascent is no camera shake! ) It's a nice view... which is good, because it looks pretty much like this for a very long time! Then you round the bend, and it's more of same...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	papabear.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	1366
    Last edited by bikerz; 09-03-2006 at 04:24 PM.
    Keep calm and carry on...

OK - here we are after dinner - sorry about the glowing eyes, my red-eye reducer obviously didn't work too well.

The Ferry Building at Night

Yes, I know you guys are waiting for the obscene shrimp and the "theme" dollar bill. I don't want to offened anyone.....

well, I was going to ask...
    Keep calm and carry on...

I'd have to ban myself......

Well, my pics didn't come out very good but here's one that's post-able

Z, snap, Fish, and winddance at Pier 39. Melissa is still hiding.

This was so much fun. Fish, it was great to meet you, hope we didn't wear you out too much!

Leebob went on a ride from Tiburon, over the GG bridge and into SF. He actually stopped at Pier 39 but he was there & gone way before we showed up.

MP, was that you who yelled hi to Lee while driving over the bridge? Hope you and Fish had a lovely day in Marin today.

Lee & I rode out to Alum Rock Park today, about 58 miles RT. It was nice.

I missed such a good time. Jobob, I can't tell you how much I appreciated you handing the phone around so I could chat with everyone, especially Lanie. Made my day.

Lanie, you better keep your eye out for bee conferences in NorCal!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

A good time was had by all! It was great to see everyone!!

Fish, it was nice to meet you. Hope you had a good ride up in Marin today, and that you were able to finish your slides.

Unfortunately, I cannot post my pics from the event, as they would get me banned. No, not for the same reason that snap's shrimp pic would. Mine would get me banned for being a criminally bad photographer.

pics

Thanks for the pics ladies,

Snap what are you on about?
    Yes, I know you guys are waiting for the obscene shrimp and the "theme" dollar bill. I don't want to offened anyone
    For those of us non Kahlifornians lurking here do tell...

c

ps-i didn't have the chance to pick up tim tams in time to send them...

Let's see if this works...

http://community.webshots.com/album/553783879UEaNbF

Not really that bad, but....

It's OK about the TimTams - we did plenty of eating and drinking without them!

We're in the process of redoing our website - to make things easier. The pics from fish's visit are some of the first to get the "new" layout.

So... here's a link to the pics Thom took.

http://tandemhearts.com/wordpress/

Enjoy!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Very nice. The group photo is lovely of course

Hi there! I had such a total blast meeting everyone on Saturday! I agree with BikerZ - I haven't laughed that much in a long time! Y'all were great hosts! My feet did hurt in the middle of the night - but it was totally worth it. We sure did a lot of walking. The lemondrops helped

My morning with MP on Sunday was fantastic! We drove up Mt. Tam. The thought of riding my bike up that thing is postively frightening. I think my legs would've fallen off. I was amazed to see so many cyclists. MP and I had a great time hanging out. I had the best OJ I've ever had in my entire life. I got to experience the ferry. There was a very drunk guy who asked me how we were going to get past the dredging barge. I responded with "carefully". He then proceeded to tell me that was the perfect answer and only a few people in the world could craft such a perfect answer. Oh my.

I love all of the pics! Snap - be careful. You don't want to have to ban yourself

Thanks for getting together with me - all of you! You all are awesome!

Oh yeah - I did survive my seminar and session. I thought of y'all sitting in the back heckling me.

I missed the crit this morning. I wanted to get over there so badly, but had to do some last minute work on my talk.

I had dinner in Chinatown - yummy food.

I've invited a new person to the board from Washington. I hope she checks out the forum.

I'm sitting in my hotel room eating the Scharffen Berger chocolate that BikeGoddess brought for me from Gumps. Very yummy stuff. I've been craving good chocolate since Jo shared her nibs bar.

BikerZ - glad you were plenty hydrated for the ride! Somehow I thought you might be
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"