Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Men's vs. Women's shorts

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello all,

I only have one pair of shorts (sob!)... a pair of Pearl Izumi women's specific. I like them just fine (but have never tried anything else, so have no comparisons). I am riding more and more, and really want to buy a second (and third, maybe?) pair of shorts... but money is tight.

Here's the question - I see men's shorts on clearance/big sale, but hardly ever see the same for women's. Do any of you wear the men's shorts? What do you like/dislike about them? Would you try the men's, or do you swear by your woman-specific shorts?

Help, please! Thank you for sharing your opinions!

Wow... is it true? Nobody has any opinions on this?

Really, I would love some feedback....

Anyone?

bueller

Anyone...Anyone...Bueller..

Right, shorts.

I "borrowed" a pair of ian's ground effect shorts & found no real difference from mine in terms of comfort.

Actually, there seems to be a bit more padding in his shorts but perhaps it's just the model of shorts for the year they were made.

I've borrowed his shorts permanently & he doesn't seem to mind!

I've not worn any other companies' shorts besided ground effect & lab gear so I can only inform you on what i have dear.....

Do let me know if you find a pair of men's shorts in a shop & give me your thoughts.

c

Although, I never owned men's shorts or wore them I would assume that the difference is that men's have more padding in the front and a little bit differnet fit on your waist. I say if it fits you then go for it. Definately let us know what you thought about it. I am currently wearing Sugoi Lucky shorts, not to impressed with them but they are not bad at all. Also have SSS shebeest shorts, I like them but I find chamois a little to foamy (def not for long distance).

Phew! I knew somebody out there had some advice for me... thanks!

I guess the answer is the one I probably could have guessed (if I had thought about it) - try them on, silly!!!

Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Thanks, SadieKate!

Sorry for being redundant about the subject... I'm new to forums, and didn't even think about running a search for old threads. I'll try to remember that for next time!

The old thread was probably so recent that people probably didn't respond because they thought it was the same thread. And, sometimes, the search engine can be cranky.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.