Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Jerseys for women over 6ft

To disable ads, please log-in.

Does every woman struggle with their jersey riding up in the back, or is it just me? Mine usually rides up to either the top of my shorts, or just above, and I can't figure out if its because I have hips, or if its because I'm so tall.

The other problem, because it sits so far up my back, I actually have a hard time reaching my pockets on the back. Its a good thing I'm flexible, otherwise I'd never reach my gu.

If its from being tall, any suggestions on how to find a longer jersey, short of wearing a men's?

I wish I could help. I am one of the shorter women on the list (almost everything is long on me, especially sleeves). Maybe the taller girls will have some advice.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Tall guys have the same problem (even without hips) - its why many of them, and some women too, like to wear bib shorts. Someone recently pointed out that race cut jerseys have been getting shorter and shorter to give sponsors more real estate on the riders' backsides (makes sense - what do you see the most during coverage of a race ), but "Club cut" jerseys may be longer with bigger pockets - the caveate is that they are also baggier everywhere else too.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I'm 5'8" and have the same problem. If I purchase a women's cut jersey - the botton usually sit just at my waist. The pockets are up in the middle of my back and my arms just aren't that flexible to reach behind into the pocket to get a GU. I usually have to stop.

I am so surprise manufacturers have not consider that not all women are 5' - 5'5" or want to have they belly or backside show while riding. For now I either buy men's jerseys or when available loose cut or club style.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I'm short, but maybe I can help. I've found that a lot of Castelli jerseys run long, and some Sugoi, Hincapie and TrashyCat depending on the style.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Craft jerseys and jackets also run fairly long.

I just ordered these Louis Garneau Silhouette jerseys:

Sleeveless
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=17975

Shortsleeve
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=17964

They are incredibly long. I didn't have any problems with it riding up on my ride. I'm 5' 9 1/2" and always have problems with everything being short. I'm sure I'll be asking the same question in regards to arm length when it's time for the long sleeve jerseys.

I don't know if all of the LG jerseys are cut this way, but I'd suggest this one.

Kerry

I have the opposite problem, since I'm just over 5'4". So I'll recommend some jerseys I had to send back because they were too long on me:

Louis Garneau Silhouette Jersey:
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=17964
    Ridiculously long on me. But take a close look at the pockets before you order -- they were a tad small for me.

Pearl Izumi MicroSensor Jersey:
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=17040
    PI jerseys are usually really short (even for me!) but not this one. The pockets are kinda small, though.

Velo Bella Velo Bella Longsleeve Jersey:
    http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=20588
    I looove the Vello Bella stuff. This one is long in the body and the sleeves are extremely long, even for me (I have very long arms for my height). Their short sleeve jerseys are long too so they'll cover your lower back, but the pockets are deep, so you still have to reach a bit to get into them.

I suggest you call TE's toll free number and ask which jerseys would be good for long torsos. The women who work there have been great about helping me find clothes that will fit my body type. They really know their stuff, and what they don't know, they'll find out for you.

I hope this helps!

~Cari

Well I´m short and still have the problem of my jersey riding up sometimes. I think it´s because I have big hips and a small waist and the elastic just slips up over the hips. My favorite jersey has no elastic round the bottom which helps a lot. The worst has shiny fabric and tight elastic. Maybe try getting a jersey with no elastic at the bottom.

Bron

I'm big AND tall... but the Shebeest plus size jersey is OK for length. I'm a hair over 6" tall (and fat); my struggle to find biking clothes, paired with my Titan-sized father's recent purchase of a drysuit for over $5000 pushed me to make the decision to head back to school for fashion design with the intent to develop lines of athletic wear for those underserved markets - the big and tall and short and small!
    Aperte mala cm est mulier, tum demum est bona. -- Syrus, Maxims
    (When a woman is openly bad, she is at last good.)

Edepol nunc nos tempus est malas peioris fieri. -- Plautus, Miles Gloriosus
    (Now is the time for bad girls to become worse still.)