Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Looking for Wisconsin riders this spring

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wondering if anyone near or around the Milwaukee area is interested in joining a women's ride group (last year we did Tuesday evening rides, and sometimes weekend rides) -- we started as a "Betty" group (aka Terry Bicycles).

If you live in that area and are interested, send me an email at venusdevelo@yahoo.com and we'll make sure to get you riding with the group!

Levels vary -- by midseason we hope to have subgroups that can all set their paces. Weekday course is pretty easy, weekends more of a challenge....oh, and on the weekends, boys are allowed (as we affectionately call them "Barneys").
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

planning ahead

My sister, who lives in Norway will be in your area next year, teaching for a year in Wisc. and I'm thinking of going out to spend some time with her there. How's the riding? When's the best time of year?

Trek,

Where in Wisconsin is your sister going to be teaching? I live in Iowa, but right on the border with Wis. and do quite a bit of my riding across the river. It is a beautiful area to ride in. Hills and valleys, tons of quiet county roads.

The area around Madison is great for biking, too. Madison is often rated one of the best biking cities in the county. Active bike clubs, many rides and riders and all different types of terrain.

Northern Wisconsin also has some wonderful biking. I'm talking road riding here, but Wis. also has some great off-road trails.

As for time of year, it gets REAL cold in the winter. Fall is gorgeous, with the trees changing colors. Summer can be hot and humid, but you never know.......it's very unpredictable. Spring is usually cool and a bit wet. So pick the weather you like.

If there's any other questions I can answer, I'd be glad to. Just post...........

annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

sorry I've ignored this a bit. I just saw my sister today and it reminded me that I need to look into rides in Madison area and figure out when I might go out there. are there organised rides? when's the best season? any good shops in Madison in case I ship my bike?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Cycling is pretty big in madison, wi. We have a few clubs...

http://danenet.wicip.org/bombay/clubs.htm

Bombay is probably the most popular....

http://www.bombaybicycle.org/
    Last edited by madisongrrl; 05-29-2005 at 07:46 AM.
    Just keep pedaling.

I'll let you know and or bump the thread when I know her schedule and when I'll visit there. She will mostly be in Madison.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Also, if you are in Madison, the best bike shop here is Cronometro. I won't let anyone else touch my bikes but them...

http://www.cronometro.com/
    Just keep pedaling.

Renewed thread...

Hi all WI riders,
    Re-starting a women's bike club in Milwaukee area this summer on my return back to the US...let me know if anyone's interested...
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

Aren't there any females near Milwaukee who ride ??

Geesh, I'll have to start importing female cyclists
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

VenusdeVelo "Geesh, I'll have to start importing female cyclists "

you think there's a market for it? judging from the spam we get there's a profit importing female cyclists
    Last edited by Trek420; 01-22-2006 at 05:45 AM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

New to team estrogen!!!

Hi ladies!!

I live in Milwaukee, WI and would love to eventually join some ladies around the area for riding and/or competing. I'm not sure I'm "good" enough yet as I haven't been riding long. I starting with a mountain bike about a year ago and bought a road bike about a month ago. I'll tell ya, once you go road bike, you never go back!!!

I know this post is old, but if anyone has any information on women's biking groups around the Milwaukee area, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks ladies!!!!!!!
    roshelleuop@yahoo.com

Let's ride!

Hi, I will drop you an email at your email address -- we are riding casually (I just moved from overseas so my riding time's been hampered!!).

Look forward to riding with a new roadie!

Renee
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

Me Too! Me Too!

Hey, wait for me! I'm coming too!

I'm also new to biking this summer - up to about 15-20 miles a day now. I have pestered my friends and family as much as I am going to get away with, and still no riding buddy.

I'm in New Berlin. Are there others here?

Weekly rides...

Deena,
    I sent a note to Roshelle as well -- we try to ride once weekly then add on where when we can. So, if there are certain days that work better for you--we usu do a weekly thru Root River Parkway -- generally meeting at the Greenfield entrance. About 18 mi if we do Greenfield-Loomis-Greenfield. We're open to other routes but try to stay away from car-laden ones as riding around 6:00ish cars are plentiful. Other days we might ride we may pick routes that are hillier, or whatever we might be interested in.

Send me a note if you are interested, email is my TE screen name at yahoo.com.

See ya on yer bike!
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

I'll bump this back up to the top
    I would love to ride too--would you except a 'slow' mountain biker or would I not be able to keep up with your bikes....? :/

Megan in Milwaukee
    (sheesh I have got to get road tires!)