Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone Gonna Be at 24/9 this Weekend?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thought I'd check to see if I could meet any more TE'ers. I was hoping to meet Renee again but it's not in her schedule. Since I can't ride I'll be volunteering so let me know if I should be on the lookout for anyone.

http://www.24-9.com/
    Dar

bf's friend danny will be. does that count? probably not, but i figured i would try.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Only if you want me to say hi and not freak the poor guy out, lol. It's gonna be tough race - the course is much longer than last years 14 mile loop and it's gonna be very humid with temps in the mid 90's. Because it's a national race as well they'll be twice as many races as last year - close to 800!

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not riding, huh?
    Dar

da yooper

if you see him tell him so weird people out in alaska say hi.
    he a yooper and rides with KMK Cycling
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

Chick, do you know what event he's racing? And if you tell me your first name I won't feel like a complete dork if he asks me how I knew who he was. "Uh, some girl with the handle chickwhorips that I met on the TE cycling board". I might be branded "weird stalker-chick" and that would hurt my ego...
    Dar

now i wouldn't want to ruin your good name or ego. tell him ron and amber up in alaska. (if you even run into him) though the KMK jerseys are quite bright. actually bright enough to scare the heck out of a bear.

not sure which event. bf said he's doing a 9 mile loop for 24 hours. i just asked if he got dizzy easily.

Will do! The course name is Nine Mile Forest. The loop is longer than last years 14 mile loop so I'm thinking more like 16 mile loop this year. I'll keep my eyes peeled for him. I checked out the jerseys so he's on the radar. Me thinks you should come visit this weekend!!!
    Dar

i would love to come and visit. i was back there at the end of april visiting family. wanted to bring the mtb but no one to ride with and didn't know the trails. tried to get my 19 year old niece to go, but to lazy. i would've even rented her a bike. i've been trying to modivate her to work out and lose some weight, but it isn't working.

if i ever do get back again i will look you up.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbdarby
    Thought I'd check to see if I could meet any more TE'ers. I was hoping to meet Renee again but it's not in her schedule. Since I can't ride I'll be volunteering so let me know if I should be on the lookout for anyone.

http://www.24-9.com/
    I almost threw together a last minute team, but I just couldn't get it done. That is ok, I need a weekend off from racing. I've been racing really well the last few weeks (I had a 4th overall and 1st in age group at Franklin two weeks ago), so I don't want to burn out.
    Just keep pedaling.

Awesome job Renee! You could still come up and party with me - you know you want to....
    Dar

i'll second that good job!

party? what? are the cycling parties as good as regular tailgate parties?
    actually i'm sure they're better

Oh yeah Chick. Mtb'ers are very good partiers around here. They'll be partying the night BEFORE and still kick my butt So this year I may just concentrate on the, er, social aspect of a good mtb race!, lol.
    Dar