Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Tour of Utah Volunteers

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just thought I would post some info in case anyone else was interested.

I myself had submitted a volunteer form on their website twice - once more than a month ago and another last week. After I didn't hear back I was getting concerned because I really want to volunteer. After checking in with LifesGreat she forwarded me info on a volunteer meeting this week. I finally found a contact email for Tour of Utah to find out if they still needed volunteers or not. They replied back immediately and indicated they are in desperate need of volunteers.

So all you Utah ladies (and gents) out there...If you have any time to volunteer there is a Tour of Utah Volunteers meeting this Thurday, July 27th at 6:00pm. Its at Thanksgiving Point, in the Amber Room located inside the Dinosaur Museum. Anyone who wants to volunteer whether all week or just for a certain part or parts of the event are invited and encouraged to come. Forward this info to all your friends and family who might be interested

I so want this year to be a success so they will be encourage about the Tour of Utah and hopefully make it into a Pro Tour event - wouldn't that be amazing??!!

And for anyone else interested - you can go to TourofUtah.com to enter to win a cervelo bike - yummy.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Well..........I attempted to go to the meeting but turned around at 45th south when it became apparent that I wouldn't make it before 6:30 or so. That was leaving SLC proper at about 5:10.

Hopefully they will have another meeting up here next year. I don't drive much, and trying to get down there during rush hour just about sent me over the edge.

Maybe I'll still be able to help out. We'll see if they call me (I did submit an application).

Sorry you couldn't make it. I wouldn't say it was an essential meeting. It was a place to start - meet the captains, outline the times of volunteers and what is expected of us etc.. If you submitted a volunteer form someone should call you. Lst night they said they need 2 to 300 more volunteers - so they will need you.

They also let us grab some posters to help plaster the city with. I work a desk job so I wouldn't be much help. But if you know of anyone who owns or works in a store that wouldn't mind posting one, let me know.

I am volunteering at stages 4, 5 and 6. Probably will head out to the festivals on the first few stages as it sounds like they have tons of events planned for the public.

They told us a bit about the history of the tour and where they hope to take it. Within the next year or two they indicated they want to make it an actual full state tour, beginning in St. George and coming up to the SL Valley. And their ultimate dream is to make it a major event where the big pro teams come. But even the continental teams will be exciting to watch.

Let me know where you end up volunteering. Would be fun to meet up!!

Sulis,

Did you get signed up to volunteer on the Mt. Nebo day? I decided not to b/c of my family obligations. However, if things loosen up, I may just show up to help. It was good to visit with you yesterday. I am volunteering at Stages 1, 3, 5 and 6.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

LG, I'll hopefully see you at stage 1 volunteer tent. I'm planning on being a "roving course marshal". Sounds so...dangerous! I'm also hoping to volunteer for the last stage too. We'll see...hubby is a little cranky these days about the time I'm spending riding, and since that's a Saturday, I might need to stay home so I can ride at least one of the weekend days.

I will be at stages 4, 5, and 6. Not sure doing what yet but I'll be there just the same.

OK, I'll be at stage 6 also. I'm getting excited about this. Should be a blast! Big time bicycle racing in Utah. I hope it all goes smoothly.

I will probably spectate stage 5. It goes right through my neighborhood.