Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    After I had heat exhaustion, I was told I would be more susceptible to it in the future. Does anyone know if this is true, or was I being told an "old wives tale"?
    I think there's some truth to thermostats getting buggered up. I had some severe cold damage to my hands (not quite frostbite) and after that my thermostat changed dramatically, for heat and cold. Have you also noticed a difference in cold tolerance? I do OK with the heat now as long as I allow myself to go a little slower and to get acclimated to it (didn't even THINK about it before). I've done several long rides in the 90-100F range this summer and am doing OK. But as MP notes, I think the Endurolytes have really saved my hiney.

The other day Jesse mentioned that they do recognize first timers at the Triple Crown breakfast. I don't know what that recognition entails ... why don't you email him or Chuck Bramwell to see?

I was planning to e mail Jesse. Just haven't yet.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    But you'll be better for Solvang? We could go down together then. Any interest in Death Valley Fall?

V.
    You know, even Solvang is pushing it, so I'd better pass. He was pretty adamant about the 6 months instead of 3. So I do what I'm told. (For once!!!!!)
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Sheesh! Yeah, do the right thing!

There's always next year.

V.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Sheesh! Yeah, do the right thing!

There's always next year.

V.

Yeah. It's the stupid anti-coagulants. He dismissed any idea of taking them for less than 6 months because apparently very bad things can happen if you stop them early, especially since mine was a full blown pulmonary embolism instead of a DVT. He was also super adamant and serious about how bad riding/crashing on the drugs would be.

Oh well.

I wish that the double and brevet schedules were published so at least I could plan. But I have a pretty good idea what I am going to do. Assuming my "cross-training" works out as intended.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    After I had heat exhaustion, I was told I would be more susceptible to it in the future. Does anyone know if this is true, or was I being told an "old wives tale"?
    Yes, it's true. I got a bad case of it on a century ride, and for a couple of years afterwards got sick from the heat pretty quickly. I remember reading about it to confirm my suspicion. It felt like my internal thermostat was damaged - I couldn't handle heat at all, nevermind doing 50 miles in 100+ degrees.

That was 20 years ago, and since then I've learned to over-hydrate. And I have moved to a hotter climate, so I can handle heat much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by maillotpois

I wish that the double and brevet schedules were published so at least I could plan. But I have a pretty good idea what I am going to do. Assuming my "cross-training" works out as intended.
    You can see dates for many of the doubles here. They have posted through June of next year.

V.

http://www.bbcnet.com/RideCalendar/RideListDate.asp

TandemHearts.com