Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

That is a great idea, making muffins ahead of time and putting all sorts of good stuff in them..... you may have inspired me to give it a try, Dogmama. Do you use any specific type of protein powder? I really try and make sure I get some protein into me for breakfast. It last so much longer then. I do not care for shakes or proteins drinks, anything like that. Never liked shakes or malts as a kid and still don't, healthy or not. Give me freshly ground, hot coffee in the morning.
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

I used vanilla flavored protein powder. Met Rx or Keto Slim are both good.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I have never been a breakfast eater, but have to force myself to do so now. If I don't eat something that I should early, I'll eat something I shouldn't later!!!!

Ever tried pancakes w/ peanut butter and syrup? The WW pancakes are really good and get the low sugar syrup and pb, it is great! If I am going to ride that morning, I skip the low sugar and indulge! Talk about energy!

The breakfast burito is a great way to get everything in one package. I brown some spicy sausage (I hate sausage by itself!) and drain the skillet. Beat some eggs w/ a little milk in a bowl and pour over the browned meat and scramble. Just before they're done, add a little shredded cheese and mix in while still over the heat. Put that mixture on a tortilla and "viola!"

Oh, don't forget a mocha latte w/ skim milk and sugar free chocolate syrup..............who could forget that? I have one EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim in TN

There are also lots of low carb muffin and pancake mixes out there. So you can still prepare them ahead of time but get a lot more protein than in regular muffins... even chocoloate!

the important part of this whole discussion for me is the protien componet... straight carbs, no matter how hearty just don't stay with me.

This morning I had a bowl of leftovers... rehated taco meat with beans... not so strange I guess.

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2
    Pro Mongoose Titanium Singlespeed
    2012 Trek Madone 4.6 Compact SRAM

I'm with you Irulan! Give me eggs every morning and I'm happy. I like the bacon too unless I'm riding or running... it gives me the urps! lol For a change I like pancakes... but they too have to be low carb. It's nice because I eat a ton, never gain weight, and have much more energy for exercising than I ever did before. I should get paid for this kind of advertising!

Personally, I think leftovers are the absolute best breakfast. Or TV dinners, I like Lean Cuisine meatloaf. Pie is awesome too, a real country girl habit I am so bad about breakfast, in fact I'll go all day without eating and be a mess by evening. So I keep Power Bars in my purse, the original ones that taste like cardboard. They also save me from the "MacDonalds or pass out" jam.
    When I do bother to eat breakfast instant oatmeal is a gift of the gods- easy easy. I also like a carton of yoghurt with Grapenuts in it. Since I like to keep a vat of tuna salad in the fridge that's great breakfast, on WW bread. Strangly tasty with coffee...
    God I love coffee.

Lizzy

Thumbs up Hooray for Coffee!

I'm with Miss Liz, coffee is nectar of the gods....

My pre-ride breakfast is a waffle pizza. Whole grain waffle with peanut butter (super crunchy) and a banana sliced on top. Yum

Non ride days - yogurt with some granola in it, and a couple of Morningstar Farms sausages. (No, not a vegetarian, just can't handle regular sausage, bacon either)

hummus on ww bread is another good one.

yes... coffee! and I know how bad it is for you I really do try and cut back sometimes...

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

Coffee is NOT bad for you. That was a popular idea a few years ago, put about by killjoys. Caffeine is actually a useful, fairly benign substance for a lot of ailments, and somebody did actually do the science and coffee is fine. In moderation. Too much is, well we've all been there . Actually it's kind of fun. Now, choclate covered expresso beans, those will get you into trouble.
    I'd be more worried about the growth hormones in the milk in my non fat double cap. Scary.

Lizzy
    Last edited by missliz; 12-27-2003 at 04:09 PM.

Mmmmm......dark chocolate covered espresso beans!

I agree, coffee, in moderation, is fine. I love stopping halfway through a long ride, getting a latte, then finishing up the ride. Gives me that little bit of energy I need to complete my epic ride. (Right now an epic ride for me is about 15 miles.........gotta get back in shape!!)

wall.... I"m concerned about several things. Coffee is supposed to enahcene the negative parts of PMS, and contribute to lumpy breast. I've had one benign one removed already. There may be some relationship to coffee and fibroids. The one that got me to cut back was it's relationship to lowgrade residual pain...When I cut back I have much less back and neck pain, (old injuried) that when I am drinking as much as I would like..

as we say, works for me you don't have to agree...

needless to say I havne't quit yet.

Irulan
    2015 Liv Intrigue 2

I've been told that caffeine also reduces the amount of oxygen your blood can carry........ don't remember quite why this is supposedly true. Just in case, I actually quit drinking coffee for awhile this summer, while in serious training for a loooooooong endurance ride. Figured I could use any help I could get. Honestly, I didn't notice a difference at all. It became more of a commitment thing for me --- "Look! I am not drinking coffee. I must be serious about this ride." Anyway, I went back to drinking coffee in reasonable amounts after the Ride, and I enjoy it immensely! I don't see me quitting again. Its a true pleasure of life for me. (If you want to try something really tasty, NOT when you are going out for a ride, piping hot coffee with a shot of Bailey's Irish Creme....... decadent!)
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Hi Irulan,

I too have cut back on my coffee consumption. There was a time I could finish a full pot on my own! I've had the lumpy breast problem too - flunked a couple mamograms. I've been lucky, the cysts have always been benign too. I'd never heard the connection to lowgrade pain, interesting.

Caffeine and pain? Never heard that one, and find it surprising as caffeine is the oldest trick going for stopping certain types of pain. Cup of coffee and two aspirin/ tylenol will stop a migraine or even slow complex partial seizure dead in it's tracks, not to mention that plenty of women love it for PMS; look on the Midol box. g
    Great diuretic.
    Maybe you aren't drinking enough Irulan , more might be what you need. LOL

Lizzy

Giddy on dirt- made my Xmas deadline and saw a deer, several hawks, and an eagle doing it. Now that's breakfast!