Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

another VERY embarrassing question

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thank god I don't have to look you all in the face when I bring up this topic
    Speaking of chamois cream....I am not sure if it cause this issue or not, but it was my first time using it.
    I having commuted to work on my bike for about a week now, and yesterday I used my new Brave Soldier Friction Zone for the first time (smells great - a little tingly). When I got to work and was getting changed in the locker room, I started having some......ummm......air problems? down there? I guess you could call it queefing?
    Anyone who has dealt with this knows it is completely involuntary. It was happening just from walking, from speaking, from moving (not constant - ok you can all stop laughing now)
    But I have never had this happen except for during/after sex - and twas not the case here.
    Do you think the Brave Soldier caused this? or just the ride in general?
    Hee hee - ok, even THAT question sounded funny.
    I very very hesitantly mentioned the situation to my bf and he couldn't stop laughing. It's funny, yes, but VERY embarassing - and hard to really clarify where that noise just came from.
    UGHGHGHGGGHHH!

Holy cr*p!! It's never done that to me!!! You could _hear_ it??? I've never heard of that happening except under the obvious circumstances. Maybe Lise would know more...
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

No need to be embarrassed here, really. Everyone here is really awesome.

I use that stuff too, (Nanci's great recommendation), and that hasn't happened to me either. ....tingly , yes it is!

Has to be the ride, I would think....

I'd be interested to here in what Lise might say.

Have a great day!

Denise

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals".
    Immanuel Kant

Was the Friction Zone washed off before it happened? Could you have had a LOT of FZ trapping air between the lips and gotten air trapped, somehow, so not really coming from up in there???
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

OMG - I don't know. I really only put it at the crease of my leg. The tingly part kinda scares me a bit - think it might burn instead of tingle on certain intimate spaces.
    It must've been the ride - like I said it's never happened before outside of the bedroom.
    boy oh boy oh boy.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Cheri, here's a thought:
    Usually, if you do get any air in there somehow due to strenuous moving and a vacuum effect, I would think the air could come out without too much noise due to the hairs in the area preventing a seal from forming. Perhaps the cream stuff formed a seal of the outer lips, which caused the air make noise as it escaped.
    Our "fur" normally keeps the lips from forming an airtight seal- but an ointment might create a seal despite it.
    Maybe you should try applying less ointment, and applying it to the chamois instead of directly on you? Just a thought....
    Obviously, also try riding without the creme and see if is still happens. Or maybe a bit of talc instead?

Hey, there's another Lisa here! (that's how Lise is pronounced--it's Danish) But I drift.

Cherinyc--I'll start out by saying that although I am a women's health care provider (a certified nurse-midwife), I can only say that the others' guesses are as good as mine. I doubt it has much to do with the cream, as most of that probably rubbed off on the chamois and into your skin.

Sooo....if we were in the exam room, I'd ask if there were any unusual discharge or odor. You do not have to answer that here! But if there are, I would tell you to go in for a check up, specifically a "wet mount", to look for bacteria.

Otherwise, it might be from the position and movement of the riding that trapped air inside. That's my guess.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Thank you to both Lisa's/Lise's. Nope, no pain, discharge, or anything else - and it went away about an hour after I got to work. I also started my period that day, so it was probably one of those combo-type things that happens once in a blue moon. I'll try not to overanalyze it. Maybe it's because me and bf haven't had sex in FOREVER!!!
    Who knows - but I appreciate the fact that I didn't have to hear any of the giggles. Isn't the computer age great?

QUEEFING!???

Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Oooh! A term not to be found in m-w.com!! I'm surprized!!

IT's the nice thingabout the Internet - we could - or not! - giggle to our heart's content, chortle, snort, guffaw ... or make that mental note to ponder new words... queefing, indeed... (or the idea taht ... there's a *word* for that??)
    Last edited by Geonz; 07-20-2006 at 10:25 AM.

another word discovered on TE, add that to zoomability
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Queefing??

sorry, every time i see this thread...
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA

I think I may be able to shed some light on "queefing". I would guess that it wouldn't be found in the dictionary, but it probably has been adapted from the French term for farting as in j'ai quife (sp?) I farted. Well - I thought it was French, but now I can't seem to find a reference to it, but it may be used just by ladies (thus the new parallel meaning) or it is Italian?, but I know I've heard it somewhere and that it meant farting..

Of course this is how new words are formed. The OED guys go out and look for instances and when they find enough in the right spots the words get added to the lexicon.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

It's not Italian, Eden.
    lol
    (I am fluent in Italian) but I like your french theory.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA