Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Floyd Go!!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

" I like big butts and can't deny it " just like in that song, nothing wrong with some extra meat especially if it's all muscle

Quote Originally Posted by FreshNewbie
    I sort of was dissapointed with his reaction when he crossed the line. I thought that it would bring him more joy than it did. But then maybe he just is not an expressive person
    If you can find any post-race video, you'll see a very different Floyd. He literally raged through that ride and it showed as he crossed the finish line. Frankie Andreu interviewed him later when he was waiting for the podium and by then Floyd was nothing but one big grin. OLN also showed a sweet moment of Amber Landis sitting on Floyd's lap giving him a big hug and kiss. Once the rage faded, I think Floyd was pretty close to ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby
    Thanks for the great picture Kali!
    Isn't that a great photo? I-Shares must be loving that shot, seeing as how they're taking over sponsorship of the team next year. It'll be interesting to see if they have a better color scheme (thought the gold'n'yellow makes for some cool marketing).

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga
    If those are really your main reasons for disliking Floyd, be sure not to look too closely at the rest of the peloton.
    Well, his big butt is just one thing. I also think that he is unattractive, plus his squeeky voice. Ugh ... That Sastry guy is cute!

Lenusik,
    it does seem odd that you continue to disparage Floyd Landis on a thread someone started to cheer him on.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby
    Lenusik,
    it does seem odd that you continue to disparage Floyd Landis on a thread someone started to cheer him on.
    I said, do not jump on me. I do not diparage him as a rider, I just don't like his personality. But I have no problem stopping. I keep my opinion. That's all.

well, I just think he's kinda cute... in a dorky kind of way. My respect for him, however, is HUGE, to continue giving one's best against those odds... I hate to say it, but I would have probably given up. I am SO cheering for him tomorrow!!!!!

Go Floyd GO!!!

T~

Seems like most of the guys in the peloton are kinda dorky looking, but who cares!! They are some of the strongest athletes on the planet!!

That being said, I think Oscar Pereiro is a total hottie.
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

Quote Originally Posted by Lenusik
    Well, his big butt is just one thing. I also think that he is unattractive, plus his squeeky voice. Ugh ... That Sastry guy is cute!
    I don't want to offend Lenusik or anyone else, but I gotta say this:

It's not the Tour de Cute Guys. It's the Tour de France, one of the toughest bike races out there. I mean, heck, Rasmussen looks like a chicken, Boogerd has horse teeth, and if I weren't posting this while I'm supposed to be working I could think of a lot more examples. But they can all ride with a vengeance and that's the whole point of it. These guys, especially Floyd, should be admired for their talent, strength and guts, not their appearances. If they've got a personality quirk of some kind or happen to be cute, sure, that makes things more interesting, but it's just not what the race is about.

*Kali steps off her soapbox and pretends to get some work done*

I loved how Floyd kept looking over his shoulder as he approached the finish line, like he kept expecting SOMEBODY to be there. Did he short out his headset with all the water he poured on himself?
    "Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym." -- Bill Nye

Quote Originally Posted by slinkedog
    Seems like most of the guys in the peloton are kinda dorky looking, but who cares!! They are some of the strongest athletes on the planet!!

That being said, I think Oscar Pereiro is a total hottie.

I'm tellin' Blaine!!!!

Hee hee hee... couldn't resist!

Trac'

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna
    I loved how Floyd kept looking over his shoulder as he approached the finish line, like he kept expecting SOMEBODY to be there. Did he short out his headset with all the water he poured on himself?

Yeah - what was he thinking??? Maybe he was looking for his team car to say something to Lelangue as he came into the finish.
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Habit, maybe.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    well, I just think he's kinda cute... in a dorky kind of way. My respect for him, however, is HUGE, to continue giving one's best against those odds... I hate to say it, but I would have probably given up. I am SO cheering for him tomorrow!!!!!
    Oh good, I'm not alone.....I kinda like his looks; a bit quirky, not pretty. Mind you, he's no Tom Boonen or Georgie H.....

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen
    Oh good, I'm not alone.....I kinda like his looks; a bit quirky, not pretty. Mind you, he's no Tom Boonen or Georgie H.....

... or Mario...

Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes