Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Question Shebeest BoardRider Capri Help Needed!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I received my shipment for TE today (yay!) and in it was my first ever biking capris. I ordered Shebeest's BoardRider Capris and I have a question about the fit. I have the waist band on the tightest setting and they still appear slightly loose. Now the biking shorts with chamois underneath appear to fit fine, but since I have never owned a pair, I do not know if I can go smaller (and still breathe). I bought size medium based on waist/hip measurement. I was right on the border between a medium and a small. My question I guess would be, if anyone has experience with these or this brand. I am worried if I go down a size, the capris will cease being capris and become skin tight or is there not that significant difference in the leg? I know this makes little sense. I am hoping someone can offer advice. If I could afford to right now, I would order the small and see which fits best, but that is not an option. Thanks In Advance.
    Jennifer

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
    -Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

I have a pair of the Shebeest BoardRider Capris and I noticed the same thing too... where the waistband is on the tighest setting but they still appear slightly loose and yet the biking shorts underneath fit just fine. I had ordered an XS so there was no smaller size to try. (I can also see what you mean about how going down a size would make them way more snug fitting.) I really liked the look of them, and since the chamois shorts and the length fit perfectly fine, I kept them.

Personally, I don't mind the looseness, as I use my board rider capris for mountain biking. I haven't noticed the fact that it's a little loose around the waist being an issue.All my other Shebeest apparel fits really well, so I'm wondering if it's a strategic decision to make the outer shell a little loose.

Thank you for the imput. I appreciate it. I have a shirt from them as well and it fits wonderfully. I guess I will need to try the small and see.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Unless the capris or the liner shorts feel huuuge (i.e. shift around a lot or bunch up around your tush), I would suggest sticking with the mediums you have. To get a good look and feel for the liner shorts, try taking them out of the capris (without cutting the cords in case you want to send them back) and trying them on that way.

I wear size large in Shebeest (Pedal pushers, Shindigger capris, Bellissima jerseys) but with the Boardrider Capris, I had to go up to XL. The large liner short felt fine, but the capri was skintight, so I went up a size in order for the capris to fit well. The waist was a bit loose, but that was actually sort of comfortable. I detached the inner short from the capri. I wear the shorts a bit high on the waist and just let the capris float around my waist, which keeps it from tugging as I move around.

If you ever get regular shorts by Shebeest, though, I'd suggest going down to a size small.

Hope this helps,

~Cari

Thank you Cari. You helped a lot! :-) It is difficult when there is not a store near me that carries this brand. I appreciate you sharing your experience with the sizes. Now I know to order small shorts in the future. :-)
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

Separating shorts and capris

I recently got a pair of these also and really like them for mountain biking. I am a small/medium and first tried the smalls, which fit OK, but the capris looked too stretched and didn't hang quite right. The mediums fit better, although I did have to tighten up the elastic.

My question is...How to you separate and reconnect the shorts and capris? Do you cut the loops on the capris and then use the buttons to hang the loops on the shorts? I've only worn them once for a short bit and haven't tried washing them. Do you separate them to wash them?

Linda

Linda,
    I had planned to cut the loops once I figured out which size I was keeping. Maybe someone else who owns these can help out? I really like the look and the small may just prove too small, but I am not risking it until I try them on.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

wavedancer,

i have no idea how to physically and completely separate the liner shorts from the capris that doesn't involve cutting the loops and resewing them so they get attached again. i left mine connected and have washed them together without a problem. i turn the liner shorts inside out and put the whole thing in the washer. then hang them to dry.

Shebeest Capri update

The smalls arrived today. The liner fits great, but the looseness of the capris is lost. So I will return the smalls (I am still losing weight, so someday I will need them), and I shall keep the mediums, which I can wear straightaway. It is strange being stuck between two sizes.
    Jennifer

-Mahatma Gandhi

-Aristotle

I cut the loops

I snipped the loops on the capris and the loop on the shorts fits right over the buttons that hold the elastic. Hope that works OK!

Linda