Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Who would have guessed? I sure didn't expect to see other dressagites on this forum. It's so hard to have time for both! Riding to the stable? Please tell me you are 25? I'm going to feel soooo guilty!

I posted a thread about where I'm supposed to be on the saddle and then read this one where some similar things are being talked about. Haha! Leave it to the dressage folks to wonder about proper position. Too funny. Dressage does warp our minds! I was watching to be sure I was peddling evenly and sitting evenly on the bike so I don't bring bad habbits over to my riding.

I don't have an official biking jersey yet, but do have a variety of coolmax type tops, tees etc. My fav actually came from a golf top sale rack. Those cotton tees I used to wear just sealed the heat in. I photograph horse shows too and wear cool max fabric or I'd die out there in the sun. In my MTB chick days I just wore my sports bra. I miss that body. Hope this new wave of riding will help bring that body back!

Put your heals down!

Luci--

That's so funny that you say that becuase when I started riding (bike), my husband kept asking me why I push my heals down so far and I told him becuase it has been pounded in my mind for so many years!!!!!

I do think that riding horses has helped me alot with my balance!

Take care!!!!
    Roshelle

What riding horses did for me was get me used to my sitting bones. For years I thought i didn't get saddle sore on my bike because I'd ridden horses. That all changed when I got a new bike that did NOT have a brooks b66 or b67 saddle.

I Suddenly became just as tender as everyone else.

but as you all know, the happy ending is this one; i have put a brooks saddle on all bikes that i ride.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Luci
    Riding to the stable? Please tell me you are 25? I'm going to feel soooo guilty!
    Well, the barn is on my way to work. It only makes sense. Will it disappoint you if I say I'm 20? I can play 25, just get me a few degrees and a nice job (goodbye poopy campground toilet-cleaning!) so I can afford the horse without living off of protein powder and bread in a basement furnace room complete with unlevelled concrete floor, no insulation, and a prime view of the aged exhibitionist from the crack house next door (I only wish I made all that up). Oh, student life.

PS, ladies, I'm completely not sold on the jerseys. I thought there was a particular reason to endure them aside from the material. You know, like protection in case of wipeout, super-human strength, ability to cause traffic collisions with blinding patterns, &tc. Safety wouldn't sell me anyway; I've got the indifferent scars from falls off horses in tank tops to prove it. No pain, no sweet racerback tan! I'll stick with my skimpy running tops, thanks! (Sleeves? What are sleeves?).

All this talk of cows and beer reminds me of home here in the farmland boonies of Southwestern Ontario. I go to a university affectionately known as "Moo U" and you'd better bet anyone with a pickup uses it for hauling (what is this suburban obsession with purposeless commuter trucks? Waste of a perfectly good vehicle that could pull me a horse trailer.)

My jumping instructor used to tell me to keep my heels down at all availible times. Especially during bike-riding. My Dressage instructor could care less about my heels. My horse thinks feet taste good.

Hehe, run it ride it I have a good job and still can't afford my horse addiction. I'm now headed to law school in a year.

One of these days I'm going to run into someone with a Brooks on their bike and beg them to let me gently sit on it for just a moment paleeessss. I have yet to hear someone who bought one and didn't like it.

Hi, it's me here, the one with 3 brooks saddles on my 3 bikes.
    We did have a brooks we didn't like, it came on our tandem. It was brand new, It was one of the racier models. It was hard as a rock and didn't soften, with all the proofhide we could bake onto it both top and bottom.
    We sold it on ebay to a 250 lb man who loved it. He probably didn't have any trouble breaking it in because he was so heavy (twice my weight actually).

It's actually a good thing to keep your heels down on a bike too, just not so far because it keeps your hamstrings in good form and maximizes your pedal stroke.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Runit, if you don't want the traditional jersey look but still want something with pockets, they do make tank top style jerseys that are actually really cute, and they have little pockets in them too. I just bought a very cute Louis Garneau one that has a racerback and you would think it was just a regular workout top except for the pocket and the brand. It even has boob cups in it! Which amazed me, cause I figured it would just have a sports bra in it, but there were actually cups for each of my girls... pretty cool, though a tad expensive!

K.

Tops

http://tinyurl.com/jrach

This top went from "not sure if I like it that much" (before I wore it) to my all-time favorite. And I have a LOT of cycling tanks. No back pocket, but I don't use those anyway. I have the black, (which doesn't get hot in the sun!!) but seriously covet the red...

http://tinyurl.com/j78d6

I have four of these, and love them too. I can't bear to put on a sports bra _and_ jersey right now- it's just too hot and humid.

http://tinyurl.com/ejosx

I have one of these, and don't like it as much as I thought I would. It covers a lot in the front, and is a lot warmer than the others because of that. But it is comfortable and pretty. The pocket is so long, though, that I have accidentally tucked it into my shorts without knowing it...

http://tinyurl.com/z9utv

I have two of these- very comfy, like them a lot, but they show any tummy bulge you have, if you care.

http://tinyurl.com/g9cb5

I have one of these, Cabo Tanks, not a plus, though, and like it a lot, but it doesn't have a bra.

And sleeveless jerseys are nice, too, if you're trying not to show cleavage, or keep bugs out!
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Quote Originally Posted by roshelleuop
    That's so funny that you say that becuase when I started riding (bike), my husband kept asking me why I push my heals down so far and I told him becuase it has been pounded in my mind for so many years!!!!!
    and here i thought i was the only one that had that pounded into my head. i still hear those screams in my head sometimes.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    http://tinyurl.com/jrach

This top went from "not sure if I like it that much" (before I wore it) to my all-time favorite. And I have a LOT of cycling tanks. No back pocket, but I don't use those anyway. I have the black, (which doesn't get hot in the sun!!) but seriously covet the red...

http://tinyurl.com/j78d6

I have four of these, and love them too. I can't bear to put on a sports bra _and_ jersey right now- it's just too hot and humid.

http://tinyurl.com/ejosx

I have one of these, and don't like it as much as I thought I would. It covers a lot in the front, and is a lot warmer than the others because of that. But it is comfortable and pretty. The pocket is so long, though, that I have accidentally tucked it into my shorts without knowing it...

http://tinyurl.com/z9utv

I have two of these- very comfy, like them a lot, but they show any tummy bulge you have, if you care.

http://tinyurl.com/g9cb5

I have one of these, Cabo Tanks, not a plus, though, and like it a lot, but it doesn't have a bra.

And sleeveless jerseys are nice, too, if you're trying not to show cleavage, or keep bugs out!
    I only have one jersey -- I'd love more, but the only ones I've tried so far have been way too tight. I notice most of those looked form-fitting, and I'm the apple-girl who has no waist and form-fitting doesn't work at all. Maybe after I lose some weight....

Any suggestions?

I did order a couple from REI and they are at the local REI waiting for me to pick them up. (Duh -- I'd forgotten that until I typed it -- will go today and check them out.) But I'm not very hopeful about them. Sigh.

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Can someone explain to me why the prints in all these biking jerseys look like drug-induced flashbacks of bedspreads from an old Brady Bunch episode??
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H.
    Can someone explain to me why the prints in all these biking jerseys look like drug-induced flashbacks of bedspreads from an old Brady Bunch episode??
    all the styles always come back around full circle.

i just got my victoria's secret fall preview catalog and i swear everything in that looks like the 80s.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

To cover up fat rolls. It works very well.

http://tinyurl.com/s3thk

Me in psychodelic Shebeast Tank. As you can see, my waist and hip measurements are virtually the same. Whatever!!!

But try that Cabo tank- it's a looser fit. I love mine.

(Edited to fix spelling- and to add I even like _running_ in the Cabo tank- it's a great material.)
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Oh thanks -- that's helpful. I almost ordered that Cabo in the Cantonese, just because I love the mandarin collar! But I need sleeveless right now.

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

its not the waist part that causes a roll that gets me, its the leg part where it cuts in. specially when i wear leg warmers. my legs seem to look a bit squggly.