Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi
    I thought we were talking about bladder infections? Lol! What does uti stand for exactly?
    urinary tract infection = uti

for yeast infections i took some yogurt with live cultures in it, put it in a plastic tampon applicator and froze it. then insterted it twice a day for a few days. got rid of the yeast infection no problem. its a bit cold though, have to warn you of that one.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

Boy, I'm gone for a couple of hours...

I haven't noticed any deteriation (SP?) in my shorts by drying them. Another thing did occur to me. Remember those detergents that are made to wash diapers? Aren't they made to kill the beasties????

As to the yeastie beasties, I practically live on yogurt. That's why I thought I might get a pass this year. I wear cotton undies, use no added sugar.

When I got home from the office I used my medicine, and happened to have some cream with tea tree oil. This helped tremendously.

Also I wore a long skirt today and went commando. Twas very liberating. Cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by chickwhorips
    urinary tract infection = uti

for yeast infections i took some yogurt with live cultures in it, put it in a plastic tampon applicator and froze it. then insterted it twice a day for a few days. got rid of the yeast infection no problem. its a bit cold though, have to warn you of that one.
    Actually that cold sounds rather nice right now.

My cycling shorts say to dry on low temps, so, like Denise, they go in the washer and dryer with everything else. NO Woolite, though. I was told that Woolite and Tide would break down the lycra and spandex in clothing, partly due to the fact that they both are petroleum based products.
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

I wash my shorts in Tide, AND I wear Andiamo underwear. Never had any problems with yeast infections and my shorts look fine. However, since I wear a liner, I don't have to wash every time I ride.

My cut on this is the same as when we couldn't get nylon underwear without cotton in the crotch. People had all kinds of problems as synthetics don't breathe. Hence germs flourish.
    Nancy

I go sans underwear as often as possible -- running shorts, gym lycra tights, biking shorts & jammies are all worn without underwear. As for cleaning the cycling shorts, I always just wash them on warm with Wisk and dry them on low in the dryer. They seem to do fine. I do think to avoid infections, you should take them off as soon as you're done and shower with an antibacterial soap.

http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,6235,00.html

http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,5355,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by mary9761
    . How do I know you may ask? I tried this for a sore ear and ended up having to see a doc to have it removed and sheepishly explain how the garlic got into my ear where I couldn't reach it..
    Well since you mention it....
    I should have said use embroidery cotton or regular sewing cotton double

How do I know you may ask??!?!

But at least I was able to "recapture" it eventually and dint have to go to the dr. Btw, learned a lot about the anatomy in that stressful 1/2 hour and squatting positions to "shorten the distance"!!!

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!