Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Talking New kid on the block

To disable ads, please log-in.

HEy everone! I'm new here my names Katie I'm 12 and just got my first road bike and LOVE it! I'm going to do the 100 mile tahoe century next year and I can't wait! I want to do a triathlon the end of summer too, I'm a swimmer so I guess I need to learn to run before then Anyways this sites GREAT I love it already.
    I do have a question too, I ride about 15 - 20 miles about 4 or 5 times a week usually by myself or with my sister and now i want to do a group ride how different is is riding with a whole group than just alone or with like 1 other person?? Is there things I need to know first??

THANKS!!

Hey Katie and welcome! You've set some great goals, good for you. Second, I would suggest you contact your local bike club and see if they offer a beginner's class or bike handling class. In such a class you learn how to ride in a group, how to take care of your bike, how to ride in traffic (cars and other riders), etc.

Good luck and be safe!
    Marcie

K Thanks I'll call and ask about that. We live in a real small town but theres a bike shop about a hour from here.

Hi Katie, I used to have a dear friend named Katie!

With your parents permission, you might see if anyone here lives in your area. Lots of us are constantly hunting for other females to ride with.

Good Luck,

hi katie! just wanted to say good luck with all your riding you have planned.

let me know how you do at the tri (and i'm still trying to learn how to run good).
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.