Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

June was a record month for rain...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think July will be too!

Friday was a lovely day. We watched the tour and did laundry in the morning. Then Dorothy and Frank picked us up. Neither of us had the energy for kayaking, so Frank drove us around, showing us the sights at Peggy's Cove and then down to Mahone Bay. Great company and really nice people. Frank said if we have any trouble at all to call him and he'd come help out. Don't want to call him, but it's nice to know we have a knight in shining armor, who also rides, if needed.

Yesterday we had a gorgeous ride from Bedford to Graves Island. At Graves Island they were having a mackerel supper, so the place was packed. We joined in on the supper and listened to the local band.

Today the sky was overcast when we got up and just outside Mahone Bay, it started raining. I'm not on vacation to be miserable, really I'm not, it just seems that way, so I made the executive decision that we would not be camping tonight as planned. I called on Thom to be travel agent and find us a place with rooms with two beds. He did splendidly with the Blue Nose Lodge where once again they took pity on us and let us check in early. We can still wander around Lunenberg in the rain, and it will be pleasant to have a dry place to come back to.

Health Update - the headache is subsiding, no Advil today yet. My eye looked worse this morning. I'm hoping a hot shower will fix me up. Stomach ailment is gone. Yay! It's so hard to ride when you're not eating well, gotta fuel the engine.

Keep doing those sun dances please! Have you considered doing them nekkid...

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Hey V- Camping in the rain has got to be the PITS. I'm happy to hear that you are staying dry inside. Bad enough that you've had to ride in the stuff!

We're having a heat wave out here. It must have been almost 100 degrees in Walnut Creek this morning at about 10:30AM. Met some cyclists at the LBS who had come from Diablo. They didn't even attempt the summit, just up to the ranger station and down the North side due to the early AM heat.

Rain,heat, wind, - what's with our summers these days????

Love hearing how you are doing. Glad to hear that your headache is subsiding, but what a monstrosity that was! And, glad you can enjoy food again. You've certainly had your share of body problems. Here's hoping this is the last of it!

Hi to Cindy Sue! You both will be well trained for the Marin ride when you get back, that's for sure!
    Nancy

That Thom is a prince. Bring him hope a nice present! Sending good wishes for sunny and mild days the rest of your vacation.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica
    Keep doing those sun dances please! Have you considered doing them nekkid...
    Well I was, until the neighbors complained.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    V, if it's any consolation, we got SNOWED on today as we were hiking out from our July backpacking trip in the Uintahs. Talk about miserable. Poor dog didn't know what to think.

Snow in July??? You all must have been pretty hight up there in the sky! :

I thought rain was bad enough on backpacking trips, but snow means cold cold cold and ....wet, wet, wet!
    Nancy

V;

I think I read somewhere that it would have to rain for 5 months in Neveda to be the equal. to what the level of rain has been this year in the northeast. I know my city alone has gotten 23+ inches since April.

karen
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org