Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    well..... if you weren't going to go see tim's behind.....

and *note to self*: do NOT follow tiff at the beginning... stay VERY far away!
    Well, I guess if I'm going to miss a fun century ride, at least I have a good reason, right?!?!

That's a good note to self. Make sure you "sticky" it! lol!
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    Meeting at 8:00 and it's just under 60 with the Back Bay Loop at the end.
    uhmmmmm.... errr... LEAVING at 8? or MEETING at 8???????

i know i know... too many questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandy - great route - but one issue. Down San Joaquin and then right on MacArthur to Ford. MacArthur is a gosh awful incredibly busy street, cars going 70 mph etc. My suggestion - down San Joaquin and just before MacArthur turn turn on San Miguel and take San Miguel to Ford (which a couple of little zig zags at end the before Ford - it's obvious). Nice quiet street with nice wide bike lanes and through beautiful Newport Coast neighborhoods. Once on Ford, continue past MacArthur and Ford becomes Eastbluff. The other option is to take San Joaquin all the was down to Back Bay and then turn left (or right) , take the bike path to to Bayview, Bayview to PCH, turn right to Dover, and then down around the West side of Back bay park to the Park.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

GEEZ! did ya write to cool breeeze and tell them that the stretch in santa barbara along highway 1 is HORRIBLE crowded with traffic and congestion... and could they please change it????????????

i mean... i HATE that portion of the ride... to many stop lights... WAY too many cars and pedestrians... OY VEY!!!!! but i don't think if i wrote them... they's change it! so i have to deal with it!!!!!!

Sorry to miss it!!!

Wow! Brandy and Tiff!
    Looks like you two put in some work on this ride!!
    Thats great!! I don't know that I could put together a route like that.
    I am soooo sorry to have to miss it.
    Unfortunatly my father in law is still in ICU, and the hosptial is my second home these days.
    I WILL be at Cool Breeze and look forward to seeing everyone there!
    Except Tiff...I hope to meet you another time!
    Have a great ride girls!!!
    Can't wait to hear about it!
    AND I can't wait to ride with you all at Cool Breeze!!

Karen

Pam, I appreciate your concern about the MacArthur portion of the ride. BUT, Brandy and I actually rode it and felt ok there. Yes, it's busy and fast-paced, but the turn off at Ford is before the freeway interchanges.

It gets a bit discouraging when EVERY SINGLE POST from you has some type of negativity in it. I honestly can't say that I've seen anything positive you've had to say about this ride!

***sigh***
    ~~Tiffanie~~

It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

karen... sorry about your FIL..... i hope he gets better soon.... hugz to you and your hubby!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your FIL, Karen. I hope he's on the mend very soon! <hugs>
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie
    Pam, I appreciate your concern about the MacArthur portion of the ride. BUT, Brandy and I actually rode it and felt ok there. Yes, it's busy and fast-paced, but the turn off at Ford is before the freeway interchanges.

It gets a bit discouraging when EVERY SINGLE POST from you has some type of negativity in it. I honestly can't say that I've seen anything positive you've had to say about this ride!

***sigh***
    Tiffanie - WOW! Sorry you feel that way. I didn't mean to sound or come off negative - I thought I was offering positive advice to help make the ride great for everyone. No problems. From now on my "mouth" is shut. Just consider next time you do the ride, try the San Miguel turn off - I think you will find it a nice alternative. It's just I know all these routes like the back of my hand cause I've been riding them for so many years but I'm always amazed to find out there are still alternatives and nicer routes to take. When I had my friend Jess do some routes for me, he came up with some streets and bike trails I've never heard of or used. I really appreciated his knowledge and insight. Plus it's always fun to go ride new roads.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

GEEZ! did ya write to cool breeeze and tell them that the stretch in santa barbara along highway 1 is HORRIBLE crowded with traffic and congestion... and could they please change it????????????

i mean... i HATE that portion of the ride... to many stop lights... WAY too many cars and pedestrians... OY VEY!!!!! but i don't think if i wrote them... they's change it! so i have to deal with it!!!!!!
    Cali:

I've ridden the 101 stretch many times as well and also the stretch of the 5 near the Marine base before Carlsbad and the 1 near Big Sur. I don't complaint because there is no alternative. What other way could one go up the 101 except on the freeway?

BTW, I'm not complaining about Tiff and Brandy's, I just offered an alternative to which there are many - not just MacArthur. Like you said, you hate the 101 - why ride it if there is an alternative?

Geez, OK you guys, made me feel bad and I was only trying to help. I understand your route... sorry. Pam posting off!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Pam,

I realize that since this area is your home territory, so to speak, that there may be lots of alternatives to the ones that Tiff and I have chosen for this ride. The fact is that we have worked very hard on planning this ride, scouting things out, riding different sections and when our plans to preview the whole ride fell through due to my dh being called in for mandatory overtime, I got up at 3:30 a.m. yesterday so I could go and drive a portion and stake out the food stop.

I know that you are trying to be helpful, but honestly...when all of your posts contain either complaints or "helpful suggestions" it starts to wear on a person. One thing that I've learned through planning this whole thing is that I will keep my mouth shut the next time that I want to plan a ride and when I've finalized my route, I will post it on BF and TE telling people when and where to meet. This whole process has been rather discouraging.

Pam, it's not that I don't appreciate your input for safer road alternatives. I do, honestly.

I just couldn't not say anything anymore regarding all of the other posts you've made about this ride. Really, if you look back at all of your posts (here and BF), there's something in all of them that has a negative sentiment.
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Author Unknown

My thoughts exactly!

brandy and tiff... i want to say that i appreciate all the work you've put into making the ride route for this weekend....

what i'm getting at... is some riders know the route... and can decide to do it or not... others don't (like me) and will treat it the same way they treat ANY organized ride they do... take it as it comes... and go with the flow of the day!

my heartfelt THANX! and sending only positive vibes!!!!!!
    Caligurl = I echo your sentiments...

Brandy and Tiff,

Thank You for organizing a terrific ride for us! The two of you have done a great job!

So, no word yet from my boss about working this weekend, so I'm going to optimistically RSVP for this ride and if something changes, I'll let everyone know! My friend Sylvia wants to join us too.

See you all soon!
    Judy

Tiffanie, Brandy, please reconsider the Walnut to Jamboree section of your route:

• Turn Left on Walnut
    • Turn Right on Jamboree

The area between Walnut and Bryan has heavy traffic, and immediately after turning north on Jamboree you have to cross two lanes of traffic that turns into the northbound toll road to take the left-side exit that becomes the right lane of Jamboree.

Instead, stay on Walnut to Tustin Ranch, and follow Tustin Ranch until it runs into Jamboree. Tustin Ranch has much less traffic, especially on Sunday mornings, and fewer traffic lights as well.

Okay...I had to edit because I was irked. I worked hard on this ride and I have been open to several suggestions from Pam and changed my original route several times based upon her suggestions. It was just when it became a complaint or a suggestion to change the whole thing in every single post when I started getting very frustrated. Earlier Pam PM'ed me saying that one of my responses above was more appropriate for a PM vs. here on the board and I say the same thing to anyone who has a problem or issue with the route that we've planned. Do you think maybe that instead of picking apart the entire thing here on the board, that maybe, just maybe...your suggestions would be taken into consideration if you had the courtesy to approach me privately???? Just food for thought.

Also finding it odd that icengineer showed up today and his/her first post is on this thread.