Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Tracy and all - I'll try and get the name of the park I'm thinking of and the exact street location for all and get it posted before July 30. The parking area is around the back of the park. There are nice restrooms and it's just an easy ride to University and the bike trail. I'm assuming we have all decided to do Brandy's ride? Sounds good to me.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

any route is great for me. My babysitter just confirmed so unless something happens and she has to cancel, I'll be there! YEAH!!!!!

T~

Hi!
    I will have to let you all know closer to the date.

With the drive there and back and the ride, It will be a full day for me.
    Not sure if I can be gone ALL DAY especially on a Sunday.
    But I will confirm for sure before the 30th!
    Thanks!
    Karen

Karen:

Hope you can make it but to be honest it will be a long day. Our rides have been on the slower side. If we do about 60+ miles I figure it may be a 6 - 8 hour ride. Count in car travel time, sag stops etc. probably closer to 10 hours for you.

Hoe long did it take you to do your metric?

But then again if committed to Cool Breeze - just needs to be done.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    Karen:

Hope you can make it but to be honest it will be a long day. Our rides have been on the slower side. If we do about 60+ miles I figure it may be a 6 - 8 hour ride. Count in car travel time, sag stops etc. probably closer to 10 hours for you.

Hoe long did it take you to do your metric?

But then again if committed to Cool Breeze - just needs to be done.
    Hi Pam!
    I can do a metric in 5 hours. It is just the travel time and all, I don't mind a slower pace. Sundays are normally not good for me, especially for an out of town ride. Guess i wasn't really thinking about that before...
    Most likely I will have to pass on this one...
    Hopefully next time! If I don't meet you before then, I am looking forward to meeting you at Cool Breeze!!!!
    Thanks!
    K

I am going to block off this date, I am probably available to join you.

Quote Originally Posted by redhot3368
    Hi!
    I will have to let you all know closer to the date.

With the drive there and back and the ride, It will be a full day for me.
    Not sure if I can be gone ALL DAY especially on a Sunday.
    But I will confirm for sure before the 30th!
    Thanks!
    Karen

Hey Karen,

You know Tony is more than welcome too right??? You could make a day's outing of it

Trac'

Quote Originally Posted by ACG
    I am going to block off this date, I am probably available to join you.

Cool!!! Hope to see you there ACG!!

Trac'

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    Hey Karen,

You know Tony is more than welcome too right??? You could make a day's outing of it

Trac'
    Hi!
    I know, but unfortunatly Tony and I don't ride together very often at all
    He is like WAY faster then me (as you can tell from his time on the Century!)
    He doesn't have the patience to go at my pace!
    Must be the testosterone!! MEN! Whatever

Hi!
    Which is a GREAT reason for you to come enjoy a day with the girls! Don't make me use my jedi mind tricks on you to talk you into this one.

I'm working on a route similar to the one that I posted, possibly including a portion of Laguna Canyon Rd (from El Toro Rd.) and PCH up to Newport Coast (so Tracy can do it the other way ) which would take us up to approximately 56 miles. I think that an optional loop of Back Bay will finish the day for those who want to do a metric.

Tiffanie and I will preview the ride on the 20th, since that's the day we're scheduled to do a metric anyway and I'll scout out someplace to stop and eat in Mission Viejo. It's looking like this ride will have 4000+ feet of climbing, just FYI.

ETA: Tiff just sent me the Back Bay map and it adds about 9 miles, so it will be an option at the end of the ride for those who want to continue on.
    Last edited by Brandy; 07-10-2006 at 07:08 PM.

Brandy... just me 2 cents... I wouldn't not consider Laguna Canyon Rd especially during Festival time. The road is very narrow, very busy and under construction (I for one avoid it at all cost in the summer)... Although from El Toro Rd. down from laguna Coast Wild. Park it's probably better but you still have to go by the Festival grounds and all that traffic. If you still decide to do that route, use Cliff Dr. - I can probably find a route slip (since my Club does that route alot) and send it along.

Personally I may not be up to a ride with Jamboree/Santiago Canyon/Moulton/El Toro/NPC from PCH etc. Way too much climbing in one day for me but I can always (cause thankfully I do know all the routes around OC) modify my route to prevent all of that climbing. Does your route maker show elevation gain?
    Last edited by bcipam; 07-11-2006 at 05:32 AM.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Hi!
    i can relate with that, karen! sometimes i can convince hubby he needs to ride with me on organzed rides (or local rides) but he always has to slow down for me! he NEVER rides with me on the "important" ones! lol!

like he knows he has to start out with me at cool breeze cuz it's early... and there aren't that many riders on that deserted, creepy slasher movie part of the bike path... but then he takes off cuz i'm on the road and other riders from my route and the other routes by then!

i've already warned him he has to ride the grand tour lite with me... cuz it was a bit lonely last year! lol! again.... i think cuz not too many do that route... so i end up behind!

Pam,

Good point about Laguna Canyon this time of year, I didn't even think about the Sawdust Festival. Can you tell how often I get down that way?

We can do something like the original route that I posted in here http://www.routeslip.com/map.php?map=2356 that includes Newport Coast, but could easily be skipped by those who would rather cut the ride short. Both routes were roughly 56-57 miles and included 4400 feet of climbing. With the addition of Back Bay on the tail end, those who want to do a metric can do so.

Brandy - if you guys still want to do the original route but add NC from PCH I can probably help with that.

Input this: From Cook's Corner/Aliso Creek trail take Glenn Ranch Rd to Portola to Bake. Bake to Muirlands, Muirlands to Alton to San Diego Creek trail to Eastbluff. Eastbluff across to Ford, Ford to San Miguel, San Miguel down to Poppy/5th St to PCH, PCH left to Newport Coast. NC to san Joaquin, back to Back bay, loop around to Dover and back to the start.
    Sounds complicated and lord knows way more climbing than I'm capable of but this is doable, less traffic, good views and plenty of places to stop and snack also lots of bail outs if one (say me) just can't handle any more climbing.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl