Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

update on the pink thing...

To disable ads, please log-in.

so i'd decided (much because of your feedback) not to get the terry butterfly donna (pink) saddle, but when i got to my boyfriend's house last night he told me to close my eyes and hold out my hands...and there it was.

what a guy. i can't believe he's supporting his normally down-to-earth gf's obsession with putting pink parts on a MOUNTAIN BIKE. i am a lucky lady...so we'll give it a shot...i think it'll work...at least i hope so!

anyway, pics of the pinkified juliana coming soon.

He sounds like a winner!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin
    i can't believe he's supporting his normally down-to-earth gf's obsession with putting pink parts on a MOUNTAIN BIKE.
    There's nothing wrong with pink on your mountain bike!

Sweet pink hub! Can't wait to see the Juliana! I'm not really a pink girl myself- bike is black/ red/ yellow. But the new bike will be white-on-white and I can accessorize- er- upgrade any color I want.

Quote Originally Posted by ikkin
    so i'd decided (much because of your feedback) not to get the terry butterfly donna (pink) saddle, but when i got to my boyfriend's house last night he told me to close my eyes and hold out my hands...and there it was.

what a guy. i can't believe he's supporting his normally down-to-earth gf's obsession with putting pink parts on a MOUNTAIN BIKE. i am a lucky lady...so we'll give it a shot...i think it'll work...at least i hope so!

anyway, pics of the pinkified juliana coming soon.
    OH!!! I just put that saddle on my road bike! I also have pink handlebar tape and pink bottle cages.
    On my mountain bike, I have pink bottle cages, and a pink Chris King Headset, AND pink bar tape as my chain gard!
    I LOVE PINK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redhot3368
    On my mountain bike, I have pink bottle cages, and a pink Chris King Headset, AND pink bar tape as my chain gard!
    I have the Pink King headset, too, to match my hubs. But I don't know about pink tape on the chain stay. That gets pretty dirty! Mine would only be be pink for a few seconds. Then grey, then brown, then black then blacker!

he's complaining about pink PARTS!? i want a pink mountain bike! lol! i have no desire for a pink road bike... but something about a girlie pink mountain bike is so ironic! lol!

I really don't like pink, but if I had the legs to blast past all those XC boys (not likely, but a girl can dream...), there'd be something pretty special about doing so on a seriously pink, sparkly bike with foot-long streamers!
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Pink Lovers

I just got one of the new pink Polar Bottles, and it is the most gorgeous shade of pink ever!!! You need one!!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

I also have the pink Chris King headset & hubs. I'm not the best photographer, but here's a picture of my Rcky Mountain Element, anyway. I think it's just enough pink, not too flashy.

Kerry

BTW for any roadies out there Speadgoat is having another raffle for a Moots special edition road bike and just about every accessory is pink! The proceeds benefit breast cancer research. Check it out: http://www.speedgoat.com/raffle1.asp The raffle is being held on July 20th!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Element70 01_2_1_1.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	1046  
    Last edited by kerrybelle; 07-11-2006 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    I just got one of the new pink Polar Bottles, and it is the most gorgeous shade of pink ever!!! You need one!!

Nanci
    I have one of those too, and love it! It looks nice against the basic black bike.

KB

kerry, that bike looks sick! good work.

Thanks ikkin! My husband hooked me up pretty good, this time! I was happy with just the headset, but he figured I deserved the set. Then he upgraded everything with full xtr components. He build everything up himself. What a guy! It's a great ride.

Kerry
    Last edited by kerrybelle; 07-11-2006 at 01:30 PM.