Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

One other thing, I use to have to use a creme or butter before every ride than I changed my saddle. Now I only need the stuff one multi day rides or generally on long rides just to prevent problems. I think alot of the soreness comes from the wrong saddle.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    One other thing, I use to have to use a creme or butter before every ride than I changed my saddle. Now I only need the stuff one multi day rides or generally on long rides just to prevent problems. I think alot of the soreness comes from the wrong saddle.
    I agree and am still on the best saddle quest. Your own saddle of choice is?

So is this lanolin-y chamois butter stuff at all like Lansinoh? Lise, I'm sure you know the stuff I am talking about. I have a couple of tubes of it still hanging around from the early days of breastfeeding with my daughter. Maybe I should put it in my shorts

My hubby likes the Assos creme, I didn't have a problem with it. Although, I didn't really like the general feel of it (being a creme). My hubby said something like this about the Assos creme...feels like you're b@))s are on fire, so you don't/can't feel anything from the saddle.....

I've recently tried Bodyglide and really liked it. It creates more of a barrier between you and everything else. The initial feeling is slightly tacky, but given a few minutes and you don't notice a thing. I haven't had any chaffing issues or anything since using it. The active ingedient is Zinc Oxide and also has aleo vera & Vitamin E.

I am interested in the Friction Zone and will be ordering some. I now my hubby will use it, even if I end up not using it.

Kerry

OK, hope this isn't a stupid question but... they sell something called Udder Butter (I think that's the name) at the animal feed store where I buy my dog food. It's for cows. Is that the same thing as bag balm? I'm guessing it's cheaper than the Chamois Cremes at the LBs but maybe it's not for humans...

I totally forgot to put on any CB when riding today. It's "just riding around town", but I did 25 miles, and could have used some CB! I tend to think of it only when I'm going for a training ride or a race. Not so.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

I want to try Nanci's Brave Soldier stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WrensMom
    So is this lanolin-y chamois butter stuff at all like Lansinoh? Lise, I'm sure you know the stuff I am talking about. I have a couple of tubes of it still hanging around from the early days of breastfeeding with my daughter. Maybe I should put it in my shorts
    Hmmm. Lansinoh. Yes, I know it well. It's lanolin, packaged for nipple soreness for breastfeeding moms. I've used it on my face, to prevent the rawness under my nose with the incessant drip in the winter. I suppose you could use it on the other parts/chamois, though it might be pretty tough to wash out.

That's why I stopped using diaper ointment (zinc oxide), and spent the money on Chamois Butt'r. The zinc oxide was very hard to wash off me/out of my shorts.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Thumbs up

I received my Brave Soldier friction zone (recommended by Nanci) the other day. My longest ride has only been 24 miles -- but, I will say that I really felt more comfortable on my last 2 rides with the friction zone.

Good stuff -- thanks for recommending it Nanci !!

Denise

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals".
    Immanuel Kant

PS Re diaper ointment. I used Desitin last summer (read some advice in an article) and was ever so sorry, since it is a very effective pore blocker and thus gave me a real infection.

Brave Soldier Friction Zone on sale at Performance, plus free shipping. The free shipping ends today at 11:59 CST. Use the code for an additional 10% off. Sounds like the perfect time to order......

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=2417

Kerry

It's out of stock now, but they will backorder it...

Mmm...tingly!!
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson