Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sounds like we have the same feet--I have a pair of men's Keen H2's in size 7 also. They are my waterproof alternative to Birkenstocks, which I wear the rest of the time

I bought a pair of brand new Keen Newports last winter at the REI Garage Sale for $20 - they were used in a photo shoot and couldn't be sold as "new" anymore. I recently started wearing them and I love them! I'm a convert!

Now I'm eyeing a pair of Mary Jane Keens, but I got such a good deal on the first pair, I'm reluctant to pay full price!

Fujigirl---check Zappos. I bought mine there---on sale---at a great price.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Fuji - I have the Mary Janes. They have held up beautifully for 2 years. you won't regret them!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I've worn my Keen Newports (red!) so much this summer, I'm getting this funky striped tan on the tops of my feet! Guess I need to start sunscreening them.
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Bad JuJu
    I've worn my Keen Newports (red!) so much this summer, I'm getting this funky striped tan on the tops of my feet! Guess I need to start sunscreening them.
    My mom kept telling me "honey you've got some dirt on your feet" when she saw my faded tan stripes at Christmas.

Electra Townie 7D

I'm a freak, I didn't like my Newport's at all so I sent them back.

BUT!

I ordered these on sale from Terry: Isabella

Will the Keen Newports be good for cycling? They're exactly the ones I've been looking at!

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

Quote Originally Posted by pooks
    Will the Keen Newports be good for cycling? They're exactly the ones I've been looking at!
    Good question. If they fit you, I'd say yes. The toe protection is probably a really good idea if you're going to wear them cycling.

There is a more shoe-y model that is kind of a cross between the Newports and a shoe. Less open, but still not like wearing a whole shoe. Newports (and Venices) have open heels, so you could get something "in" your sandal, but I'm not sure you'd have that problem cycling.

Do you think the sole is stiff enough?

They are definitely not stiff--more like a sneaker. I have ridden my bike with them, but only for a short way. Not like you couldn't ride far with them, but they are certainly not stiff like actual cycling shoes are.

Okay -- sounds like the Lake sandal would be better for that. Thanks!

I just got a pair of the venice ones from rei - I did not like the toe ledge of the newports. I think they are comfortable but they really make my feet sweat - unlike my tevas. I wore socks with them yesterday and it was much better - but kind of defeats the purpose of sandals.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by pooks
    I love my Keens! but...
    I've tried biking in my Keen sandals, and I find the rubber "bumper toe" sticks out just enought to clip my tires soetimes when I turn. I don't have that problem with other walking shoes/sneakers.
    Lisa

I tried the Keen's but didn't like the way the rubber toe felt on my toes.....anyway, was at a store about a year or so ago and saw a sandal made by Primo. It was a men's model, black leather and looked rather like a Keen but with no rubber toe. They are wonderful....I wear them everywhere and they look a bit more formal than the Keen's so can get away wearing them in some dressier situations (which for me is still pretty informal I guess).