Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Regular spinning music

To disable ads, please log-in.

Annie...I love to do the music part of my class -- my husband and I are music-philes with hundreds of CDs. I either use those, or I also download from buymusic.com if it is only 1 song I need, and not the entire CD. Some of my favorites...

*Moodswings (O Happy Day is a great cooldown plus others)
    *Safri Duo has some great songs with great percussion for hard spins (Baya Baya is *great* for warmup into a faster pace to start out with, Bongo Song)
    *Professor Trance (some great warmups, long, will take you into the full 5-6 minutes, like the song Calling the Animal Spirits)
    *Enigma (the CD The Screen Behind the Mirror is practicall a great hill spin workout by itself! I mixed some Mission Impossible II songs with it)
    *Blue Man Group (esp their 1st CD, checkout the song Rods and Cones)
    *Santana (songs like Migra are great for running intervals)
    *Nicole Mullen (Freedom)

Other specific songs in parentheses below:
    Climb favorites:
    *The Verve (Bittersweet Symphony)
    *The Who (Eminence Front)
    *Paula Cole (Feelin' Love, long slow climb)

Sprints:
    *Chili Peppers (Higher Ground)
    *Moodswings (Sugarbush)
    *Foo Fighters (Everlong) My FAVORITE sprint song

Jumps:
    *Ricky Martin (both Maria and She Bangs) perfect jump rhythym
    *The song Iko Iko (diff artists)
    *Jennifer Lopez (Let's Get Loud)

Cooldown/Last song to get heartrate down:
    *David Gray (Please Forgive Me)
    *Moodswings (Together as One)
    *Santana (El Farol)

Check out MaddDogg (spinning.com) music as well -- listen to the clips and get ideas -- things you have never heard of, some of which you can buy 1 by 1 as well on music.com).

I love the music!!! Send me the songs you like -- we can swap ideas, i am always looking for new ideas.

Renee
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

We had a great Halloween Spin tonight! Even some of the guys got into the spirit. Now I have to do it all again tomorrow morning at 5:30 a.m. It's a little easier to be enthused in the early evening than that early morning, but I'll do my best.
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Scary

Last time I taught at 5:30am I had my scary face mask on ... Not a morning person...have fun again tomorrow and let me know which songs were favorites...
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

Some other Halloween songs for spinning:
    "Ghostbusters theme" - techno mix
    "Spiders and Snakes" - don't remember who sings it
    "Time Warp" - Rocky Mountain Horror Show
    "Spiders and Snakes" - a fun song, also don't know the artist
    "Dead Man's Party" - a good, long climb - The class really like this one.

Venus,
    I agree with you about Blue Man group and Santana and Safri Duo. Also Darude has some fast-paced stuff out there, good for sprints. Nightwish has some songs that work well for climbs, most people haven't heard them before so its not just same old, same old. I also like Transiberian Orchestra. (sp?) By the way, where are you in WI? I'm in Iowa, on the border with Wisconsin, so we are neighbors, maybe.

"Sky" - Sonique, good for sprints
    "Objection" - Shakira, sprints
    "Mrs. Potter's Lullaby" - Counting Crows, climb, over 7 minutes
    "Korperbewegung" - Schiller, climb
    "The Final Countdown" - Europe, climb
    "We won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who, long version for a climb
    "La Isla Bonita" - Madonna, warm-up
    "Mandinka" Sinead O'Connor, warm-up
    "Hero" - Bonnie Tyler, interval
    "Tangerine" - Led Zepplin, cool-down
    "Ride the Wind" Poison ( I think) , hill
    "Annie Waits" - Ben Folds Five, flat road
    "No Leaf Clover" - Metallica w/ London Symphony Orchestra, climb
    "Disease: - Matchbox 20, another climb ( I like climbs!)
    "Smile" - Vitamin C, warm-up

There's so much music out there. I had no idea until I started looking. it's a whole new world to enjoy. I think the music is such an important part of spinning. You can't please everyone but you need to like your own music and pass that enthusiasm on to the class.
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Funny!

So funny, I love No Leaf Clover for climbs too but Metallica does not always appeal to everyone so I left it off! I also use Hero of the Day for a longer slow climb.

Thanks for the list -- there are quite a few I am going to listen to...I am in the Milwaukee area, not quite border neighbrs but close enough...

Thanks again!

Renee
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

Lightbulb One more...

Annie,
    If you like hills and you like No Leaf Clover, try "Higher" by Creed. I think you'll like it.
    Ride like a girl.

Renee

Renee,

I DO like "Higher." And "Arms Wide Open, " also Creed. The first time I ever did a spin class (as a participant) "Higher" was the last climb of the ride. It was great, I got into it, and decided that spinning would work for me. So I have especially good memories of that song and had to use it immediately when I started looking for my own music. Isn't it interesting how a song can have such strong associations with it?