Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Luci that is one gorgeous horse!
    Don't put up with pain. It will stop you from riding. And if I remember you have a 50 miler planned.
    My two cents on shorts- I got the Sugoi Evolution shorts recommended by my female LBS owner. They are not as expensive as the ones Nanci wears. They run around $69.00 I think, which is a lot, but they are fabulous with a great chamois. I don't wear baggies, they make me look fat. I have a pair of Pearl Izumi capris and yes, the chamois on the pearls are massive.

Be sure to go commando under the shorts. Undies will cause chafing.

My saddle has a slight cut-out. Not sure if it matters. Any saddle will cause soreness on the sit-bone area if your butt is not used to riding. Your LBS should be willing to let you try them out a few days at a time. The internet is great for discounts on stuff you know you will keep, but the LBS is still the best when you aren't sure. I have lost money on shipping that I would rather just give to my LBS. Plus you get their devotion to you when you spend money with them.

Thanks FBG for the reply. I'll take a look at those shorts.

I'm headed out in 30 min to REI because there's a woman there who does lots of miles. Most shops around here are run by 19 year old guys that I've been into so far. There are more girls riding now, but this is still Utah. I rode with the guys when I was riding because it was so hard to find any my age willing to hit it. When I did a couple of races there were only a hand full in the 35 and over. Seems to be more "lady-like" to jump horses few guys would touch. Strange culture here.

I rode in a pair of new PI's with the 3D race chamouis. Always commando . I can't imagine bunched up undies under bike pants or thong ouch!!!. I'm 5'6 and have that middle aged I need to drop 15 pounds thing, but these MTB shorts make you look great. Honest!!!! They'd make anyone look good. If you can take the big chamois, I totally recommend them. Not too low so it tucks my stomach in and looks good, but low enough not to look like I borrowed them from my mom. I love them . . . unfortunately for a 40 min. interval train up the hills in my neighborhood only.

Oh, my baby is an exracer Thoroughbred and my favorite all time horse ever. He has a wonderful new owner who loves him too and lets me visit him

I am so lucky because I am able to ride with older women who have nothing to prove and just want to have fun. I'm 43, ride with gals who are 40 and 50+. We tackle some pretty tough climbing so we can do sweet DH single track. People always look a little shocked and usually admiring at us old broads on mountain bikes (AKA Dirtchix). The best part is walking into the smoothie shop covered with sweat, mud, dust and often at least one bloody injury in the group. No spinning class prima donnas on their way to a pedicure here...

Quote Originally Posted by fatbottomedgurl
    I am so lucky because I am able to ride with older women who have nothing to prove and just want to have fun. I'm 43, ride with gals who are 40 and 50+. We tackle some pretty tough climbing so we can do sweet DH single track. People always look a little shocked and usually admiring at us old broads on mountain bikes (AKA Dirtchix). The best part is walking into the smoothie shop covered with sweat, mud, dust and often at least one bloody injury in the group. No spinning class prima donnas on their way to a pedicure here...
    Oooh, I wish I lived near you! Sounds fun! I only have one gal to ride with at the moment, and she lives quite a ways from me. Fortunately, we're both pretty much in the novice category where mtb is concerned, so we're well matched. I'm also trying to get my husband interested. He's more into hiking and running, but I am working on him!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by fatbottomedgurl
    No spinning class prima donnas on their way to a pedicure here...
    Excuse me? What is wrong with a pedicure? I never had one until the TE girls converted me. The trick is to coordinate dirt and polish colors.

Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Nice sock marks.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

That is a great photo!!! No, there's nothing wrong with a pedicure. I've been known to indulge myself too. It's just that type of woman- well, Westlake women (if you lived here you would know what I mean.) They don't get their hands dirty, they have maids and nannies and personal trainers named Hans and in spin class they don't want the fans on because they will mess up their hairdos.

I grew up in Oxnard. I know what you mean.

They also complain that little Fifi gets eaten by coyotes and mountain lions. Well, dang, they moved into coyote- and lion-land. What did they expect? The coyotes and cats were there first.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.