Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Wet weather tires?

I recently moved from a dry climate (desert) to a wet climate and would like some advise for a good traction road tire.

Right now I have Armadillo (Kevlar) tires still on my bike left from the desert days of thorns and such. My regular tires are Conti 2000 which I love but they don't offer much in the way of traction for the slicker roads.

Any advise would be welcomed as I'm waiting for the rain to break for a bit so I can get a ride in.........gotta love the rainy NW.

Kate
    Life is like a 10 speed bike, we all have gears we never use.
    Charles Schultz

"The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community."Ann Strong, Minneapolis Tribune, 1895

I like Vredestein Fortezzas in the wet. They also tend to be a little less $$$ than other kevlar (aka "folding") road tires-usually in the $25-30 range. I also have had good luck in the rain with the Michelin Axial Pros...but at $50 a pop I think of them more as a race tire. I agree that the Conti's feel a bit too slippery when wet.