Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Journaling

Journaling

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am trying to make my own journal on my computer. What are the fields I need to pay particular attention to? This is what I have thought of:

Date
    Time of day
    Length of ride
    Average speed
    Terrain
    Distance of ride
    Heart rate
    Daily food intake
    Overall feeling
    Notes

If anyone has a journaling program, could you look at the fields and post those that I haven't included?

What benefits should I see from journaling my progress? What am I looking for?

Maybe add in weather and temperature. BTW the Polar 710 heart rate monitor and its accompanying software does all of that for you. You can also add in a cadence sensor and a power meter. Might be a good thing to ask for at Christmas time.

Veronica

K.I.S

that stands for keep it simple

That's my advice to people keeping journals...Keep it as simple as possible and fill out what you feel like filling out. if you have too many fields you may end up doing nothing.

Yep, that`s why I like that the monitor does it for me. I do use the info to check my progress. And it charts my mileage weekly, as well as calories burned.

Veronica

I've just made up a training log of my own - fairly basic, because like han-grrl said, I don't want to spend longer filling out the training log, than the actual training session.

I chose Very Good, Good, Average, Poor and Very Poor for my general feeling about how the session session went. But for a laugh ( and to stop things getting too serious) I used the Webdings font on my pc which is made up of little pictures and images.

Here's the pics I chose for my tick boxes.

Very good - a medal
    Good - a pair of cool shades
    Average - a bus
    Poor - a lighting bolt ( was struggling with that one!)
    Very poor - an ambulance!

I agree - keep it simple and only record what is going to be useful. There's no point spending ages recording hundreds of different variables, unless you know how to process the data and make use of it. At the end of the day a quick reference you can look back on and see how you're progressing has got to be the best.

I love this place to keep track of my biking

http://www.bikejournal.com/

I like it Susan! Nice one!!!

I agree, that site rocks!! I can hardly wait to put it to good use-- thanks Susan!