Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Hafla!

Hafla!

To disable ads, please log-in.

pictures here!

I danced and was merry at my first belly dancing hafla last night - so I thought i'd share the pics with the other shimmy-ers on this forum!

I can't wait for the next one now - but it's not until december :0(

I'm below (in case you wondered) looking like She-ra princess of power! LOL

Eating, Drinking, Dancing and wearing dressing up clothes - what could be better?
    Other than being allowed to take your bike

How exciting!

I am a belly dancer too. However, our haflas are nowhere as big and glam looking as yours! How long have you been dancing?

kiwi in oz

not long - just 6 months- but i'm hooked!
    this was my first hafla -
    The performers were a mixture of professional dancers/ semi pro troops, and just group classes. It was all organised by my teacher - she's fab, all this and she has ME bless her
    For some ladies it was their first ever stage performance - but i've done amateur dramatics and dance shows since I was a kid, so the nerves didn't get me the same way.
    The costumes were amazing, and it was wonderful not to be worried about your belly showing and being a 'little' past its best!

I've been dancing almost 6 months - and am also hooked! I have performed at one hafla - in a non-belly exposing outfit. My one involved about 30 odd people - 1/2 of whom were performing. My next one is in two weeks and I am doing two different group dances - one of which requires a bra and belt set.... I am halfway through decorating it - and crossing my fingers that I will be brave enough to bare my belly on the night! Eek!