Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Riding in Montreal, and area.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey Grog and any other Mtl riders! Thought I'd put some of the places I like to ride up, lets share the best and make note of what sucks!

Hill repeats in Westmount- Cote St. Antoine just off of Sherbrooke at the Westmount Town Hall, goes up on a decent grade past the park and levels out. Take a right on any of the streets and go up to Westmount, turn right again. Westmount is a bit bumpy but joins up with The Boulevard, make the lane change to go up the Boulevard (left lane), climb further up and then descend just before Cote des Neiges. OR Descend on Mt. Pleasant which will switch back a few times and lead you the the corner of Greene and Sherbrooke.
    Turn around and climb Mt. Pleasant (granny gear suggested for portion between Rosemont and The Boulevard

BTW, I learn almost all my bike routes by getting lost, and remember them better by landmarks, so sorry if they don't compute!

Come on, be serious

for climbing: Clarke (the Westmount one, not "Clark") and Grosvenor are hits.

Clarke is the second steepest street in Montreal. The steepest is leading to the Claude-Champagne school of music of Université de Montréal.

steep as **** Its fine to go steep, but what are you training for, Alpe d'Huez!?! lol

I've hit parts of Clarke, never the whole thing tho... give me a few switch backs so I don't die!

I admit to putting my foot down when I did it last year but I plan to do it in one shot this July. I find the Claude-CHampagne hill more quiet though, and it doesn't have stop signs.

Alpe d'Huez is 21 times Clarke.....

Other climbs on the Mont Royal:
    Camilien-Houde (of course)
    but also
    the continuation of avenue Mont Royal West of Park Avenue. You just keep going (a slight right instead of a left on Camilien-Houde) and at the end (about 2,5 km later) there is a gate and the cemetery. You can ride through the cemetery (lots of switchbacks - just be careful not to miss a turn and rest there forever) and you'll end up at the Lac des Castors on the other side. Pretty, and much less polluted by car traffic than Camilien-Houde.