Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Talking SoCal TE Ride 7/1 (Saturday)... who's in?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just starting a thread to see who's in for this ride.... so far

BCIPam
    Brandy
    Tprevost

Who else is coming???

I have it on my calendar but it may not end up working out for me.
    Depends on time - I may be able to go but have to plan to cut out early.
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Where will you be going? How many miles etc??

Nicola

this one will be out of Orange County - probably between 40-50 miles and possibly w/hills, depending on who's coming. Several of us are trying to get some hill work in in preparation for Cool Breeze coming up in August.

I TRI, if you wanted to come and do a shorter ride, you can always turn back early or Pam might be able to give you a way to do a shorter loop. Everyone is really great and lots of fun!

T~

I'm hoping to be there but have house sitting obligations for my best friend...

I need details please... where is the start? What time? (I think Pam said 9AM?) how far etc... I have to figure out timing and make sure I can make it without messing up the dog who's old and medicated... stuff's gotta be on time.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

OK OK just need to know whose coming - haven't worked out a start time or route yet. My project for next weekend since I'll be home unable to ride. Would everyone be interested in an earlier start - say 8am especially if the weather turns hot? Would like to make the distance somewhere around 40 - 50 miles again depending on whose coming.

If we start early and the temps stay down I would like to climb up through Lemon Heights to Orange Park Acres and then give you a gals a great downhill (practice!) on Jamboree. From Jamboree we can turn (most likely at Portola to the Hick's Haul Trail) and head out towards the ocean. Not as many path trails this time cause we need to practice being out on the roads.

Start place will most likely again be Cedar Grove Park, in Tustin Ranch.

Bikerchick: Would really love for you to make this ride. Is there any way someone else can check on the dog for you? I predict the ride will take the morning and maybe some of the afternoon as well.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

OK... I mapquested this and it's 95 miles... about an hour 40 minutes from me... assuming we start at 8 am I would HAVE to be done and in my vehicle no later than 2pm... and that is really pushing it... I'm gonna have to think about it... that means this dog couldn't go out from 6am- almost 4 pm... close to 10 hours. My friend will be in Michigan for a wedding so no way to change plans...

chances are we'd complete the ride faster than that... but I never underestimate weird mechanical stuff and flats on long rides...

hmmm... lemme think about it... I may just have to cut out early if it's taking too long...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Bikerchick: We took quite a while on our last ride. With your trip up and back it would be pushing it.

If I can talk the gals into it maybe we can schedule another ride in late July and anytime you want to come up here and ride let me know and I'm willing to go down there. Always looking for an excuse to ride in SD! How about you schedule the next ride?
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Pam,

I'm good for 8am and I love that little park, so I'm in. We did do quite a bit of stopping last time when we might not have needed to, so maybe you can get BC68 a route map or directions so she can zoom on ahead if necessary. I, for one, would love to have Jen come if at all possible.

Also, I don't really need to stop and eat (other than gu/sports beans etc.) so I'd actually prefer to just hit 7-11 or something since I'm paying for childcare while I'm gone... that would save quite a bit of time right there. In theory, 40-50 miles should take us no more than 5 hours including stops at the very most, right?

In any case, I am coming and the route you posted sounds great! Looking forward to it!!!!

Trac'

I'm game for not stopping for lunch as well. The sooner I'm back to the kids, the better

Heya Brandy!

Its too quiet here when you're gone... no more 10 day trips for you!!!

T~

You ladies are way too fit for me, so I'll pass on this one, but if there's a San Diego ride posted and I can swing the distance, I'd love to join in.

Nicola
    Last edited by I TRI; 06-20-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Oh...and if given a choice, I'd like to shoot for 50 miles this time!

Nicola,

Somehow I get the feeling you are pulling our legs! Seriously though, if you don't want to go as far, we can figure out a shorter route if you decide you'd like to try it! These are no-drop rides as well so we usually stop and wait till everyone (usually me!) catches up!

Trac'

I'll second the 50 mile request...

Trac'